Raw food

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: Raw food

Postby Clem Snide » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:42 am

I have just cooked an avocado! THEY SAID IT COULDN'T BE DONE.
Clem Snide

Postby beforewisdom » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:04 pm

[quote="CoeyCoey"]You need to open your mind and understand that your science is merely an infant and cannot grasp the complexities of nutrition.

Statements like that make me and I believe others, not take what raw foodists have to save seriously.

It expects people to believe that a few people having worked far less can know more than many people each having worked a lot more.
beforewisdom

Postby ha » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:27 pm

I run the most popular raw foods site on the net (according to the alexa.com ratings) and one thing that we show over and over again is that high fat raw diets make you flop and high carb, high calorie, low fat fruit based lifestyle make you thrive.

I tell people not to bother with raw unless they are willing to go easy on the nuts and hard on the fruit. How many elite athletes eat a low carb raw diet? Zero! but we have stacks of low fat, high carb vegans and an ever increasing amount of low fat, high carb raw vegans coming up the ranks. Waking up each day with full glycogen reserves should be a goal for every human IHMO and you wont restock glycogen on carb phobic starvation plans put out their by David Wolfe, Gabriel Cousins and the other crack pots all too common in the raw scene today.

http://www.30bananasaday.com where the calories are high and the bananas are spotty.

Here is one vid on a typical days intake as a thriving fruit bat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUnY4vXH3w8
raw vegan banana case that has cycled over 190 000km cycled as a vegan.

y - youtube.com/durianriders
f - facebook.com/durianrider
t - twitter.com/durianryder
b - durianrider.org
w - 30bananasaday.com

Drink up, carb up, sleep up... cos everyday is the day to live it up!
ha

Postby xJimx » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:30 pm

[quote="Clem Snide"]I have just cooked an avocado! THEY SAID IT COULDN'T BE DONE.

Amateur! I cooked some fucking apples the other day.
DYEL
xJimx

Postby beforewisdom » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:35 pm

You are both nothing but beginners. In grad school I had Chinese housemates who stir fried lettuce and who microwaved orange juice because the folk medicine where they came from believed that it wasn't healthy to take in cold liquids.
beforewisdom

Previous

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating