Aeropress coffee maker

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Aeropress coffee maker

Postby baldy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:49 am

A friend of mine always told me how bad coffee brewed in a moka tasted and recommended I get an aeropress.
The aeropress is just about the ultimate geek french press and is meant to produce great espresso coffee.

So I finally bought one instead of buying a new french press. Made my first brew with it last night and I love it. Everything they say about the aeropress is true, the coffee is less bitter, it uses more ground coffee and its really easy to clean.

Its not as sexy as using a french press unless you are into syringes and science experiments in which case that is another plus.

Does anyone else have any experiences using a aeropress, love or hate?

"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Re: Aeropress coffee maker

Postby tal » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:36 am

Looks rather complicated. How long does it actually take to make a coffee?
tal

Postby baldy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:54 am

[quote="Talyn"]Looks rather complicated. How long does it actually take to make a coffee?

No its really quick, well its a little faffing around no more than 2 minutes probably. About the same as using an espresso machine. Its easier to clean though, a lot easier than a french press.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby tal » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:49 am

Cool, that's not bad actually. That diagram had me thinking of an Ikea instructional manual.

I'll keep it in mind... I am still using a plunger, I should upgrade.
tal

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:56 pm

looks interesting. I've never seen one. What's the filter made out of? I've been enjoying messing around with a syphon lately:

It's more fiddly than a press, but just as quick and makes seriously better coffee - some of the best I've ever had. But it (I?) can also make some rubbish! I like having a chemistry set looking coffee maker in the kitchen too :P I still prefer my La Pavoni lever espresso machine tho
Mr. Cleetus

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating