Article on atherosclerosis

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Article on atherosclerosis

Postby offense74 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:59 pm

Article on atherosclerosis from this guy:
William
here:
The cause of atherosclerosis

Pretty interesting
[quote]Atherosclerosis is easily produced in nonhuman herbivores (eg, rabbits, monkeys) by feeding them a high cholesterol (eg, egg yolks) or high saturated fat (eg, animal fat) diet. These studies initially were done by some Russian physiologists beginning in 1908. And atherosclerosis was not produced in a minority of rats fed these diets, it was produced in 100% of the animals! Indeed, atherosclerosis is one of the easiest diseases to produce experimentally, but the experimental animal must be an herbivore.

[quote]Because humans get atherosclerosis, and atherosclerosis is a disease only of herbivores, humans also must be herbivores.

"The surest way to happiness is low expectations."
offense74

Re: Article on atherosclerosis

Postby vegimator » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:37 pm

Wow, I wish I had access to the full text!
vegimator

Re: Article on atherosclerosis

Postby beforewisdom » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:34 pm

I learned the classifications of omnivore, carnivore and herbivore starting highschool biology, along with some taxonomy.

It bothers me that vegans on the internet keep insisting that humans are herbivores. It makes us look like we are making things up.

I'm impressed that a cardiologist is now calling the taxonomy of human beings into question. It seems a little bit more credible.
beforewisdom

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating