Giving up caffeine an' other stuff...

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: Giving up caffeine an' other stuff...

Postby Bounce » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:22 pm

[quote="xJimx"][quote="Bounce"]Caffeine is really more of a vice for me, as I'm clean off everything... I was wondering if anyone here is now straight edge/clean of drugs and can offer some advice?

Caffeine, like veganism, has nothing to do with straight edge. Though I will never drink or smoke you will have to prise my mug of Earl Grey from my cold dead hands.

Oh, I thought straight edge avoided caffeine. :oops: lol, I don't know loads about it... I just met some straight edge people.
Bounce

Postby xphilx » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:47 pm

Some do, some don't. I guess it's a personal decision.

I'm straight edge for a bit more than five years now and lost a lot of so called friends because I stopped drinking and smoking weed. Things just happen that way if you decide to do something that goes against the norm. I for myself can't stand to be around drinking and smoking people anyway and so don't try to get to know many new people. I just stick to the few friends I have who share the same attitude.
My advice would be, if you really want to get to know new people, to get in contact with vegans because in my experience most of them aren't going heavy on alcohol and other drugs which makes it easier to get along.
xphilx

Postby :x: » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:36 am

I totally understand your problem being around drunk people, it's a thing that you get used to. After the 50th time people ask you, if you want a beer or the fifth drunk person on the party tells you "I really respect you for not drinking...That's real cool and all, but I just could not do that!" it's nearly entertaining to me...What really helps me is having something else to drink when I'm out so I don't feel miserable because there is nothing for me, but water. Water is fine though ;) Go to places with good juices, tasty iced tea or something else, drink that and it's okay. It at least works for me. It's like the difference between grandmas birthday and you having to eat the salad without dressing and grandmas birthday with everyone eating meat and you having some tasty vegan thing, it's just better and also changes the way, people react to you.
You could also try to find things to do that involve people having to use their mind, art, sports, ..., still alcohol is involved most of the time.
About the caffeine thing: I do consume caffeine. A pill before my workouts plus I like to have tea, espresso, mate and sometimes also energy drinks. As long as it is controlled and you can go without a day, I believe that's fine!
"anti-german" for dummies
please spell me : x : :)
honestly, stop the vegan-snuff-video-madness!
:x:

Postby Bounce » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:25 am

What's mate?
Bounce

Postby :x: » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:30 am

It's a South American bush that is used as tea. Google Yerba Mate. I consume it as Ice Tea most of the time. It has loads of caffeine ;)
"anti-german" for dummies
please spell me : x : :)
honestly, stop the vegan-snuff-video-madness!
:x:

Previous

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating