asked so many times[where do you get your protein]

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: asked so many times[where do you get your protein]

Postby muchluv » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:32 pm

The question I get asked most is: "What do you eat?!". I get asked that all the time >:[
Although the effeminate nature of my username may suggest otherwise, my gender actually falls into the male category.
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Postby Kitteh » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:37 am

Here's another link regarding protein & veganism - http://www.vrg.org/nutrition/protein.htm

[quote="etherspin"]even if you perfectly answer those questions they will finish with .... I couldnt live without cheese... :roll:

Ha, yes!
http://cupcakekitteh.blogspot.com
Kitteh

Postby vegieburger » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:59 am

So many good responses on here, I'm actually looking forward to the next time someone asks me about protein so i can try out one of the replies.

2 things I've had happen are- No matter how strong I get or how well I can lift, if I'm not good at something its because I'm vegan. For example my arms are small in comparison to the rest of my body so it must be because I'm vegan, not because I dont do endless bicep curls and tricep dips. And people assuming that I must be naturally strong and that if i weren't vegan I would be even stronger. :roll: All my life, until the last couple of years, I've been below average strength and this only changed after 3 years of veganism (and hitting the weights)
"No one has yet realized the wealth of sympathy, the kindness and generosity hidden in the soul of a child.
The effort of every true education should be to unlock that treasure."-Emma Goldman
vegieburger

Postby Catt Queen » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:30 am

[quote="muchluv"]The question I get asked most is: "What do you eat?!". I get asked that all the time >:[

Oh yeah, I get that a lot too. Especially from people at work who seem to miss the fact that I spend all day eating...
Catt Queen

Postby JP » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:04 am

JP
Site Admin

Postby skoptic » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Good article, great quotes ....... now bring on the muppets, might go and hang out in the street now in my veganwear just so get asked these questions while I still remember the snappy comebacks :-)
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby jparis » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:47 pm

[quote]The question I get asked most is: "What do you eat?!". I get asked that all the time >:[

They were discussing "what do vegans eat" on the Dave Gorman radio show a while back, and his confused, none too bright sidekick came up with twigs! FFS.
jparis

Postby Konstantin » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:36 pm

What do meat eaters eat? They don't like chick peas, grains and beans (other than baked beans) because they think it's hippy crap, and are scared of soya. If they're avoiding all that, where do they get their protein?
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Postby muchluv » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:13 pm

Nice pic JP! :P.
jparis and cattqueen, it's ridiculous. The protein question is a nice break to me from, the 'what do you eat' thing.

Konstantin you're onto something. We should think of a vitamin or mineral or make one up, to counter.

You're a meat eater? Where do you get your hemozypholon from? :shock:

You're a meat eater? What do you do with all the toxins from the lump of decaying corpse in your intenstines? :shock:
Although the effeminate nature of my username may suggest otherwise, my gender actually falls into the male category.
muchluv
The VF YouTube Guvnor

Postby beforewisdom » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:50 pm

I wouldn't use a picture of a gorilla.

I read in the book "Sex at dawn" that their genitalia is the size of beans........ouch. :)
beforewisdom

Postby Meshounah » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:17 pm

[quote="beforewisdom"]I wouldn't use a picture of a gorilla.

I read in the book "Sex at dawn" that their genitalia is the size of beans........ouch. :)

But they have gnarly muscles :wink:
Meshounah

Postby DB » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:03 pm

[quote="Meshounah"][quote="beforewisdom"]I wouldn't use a picture of a gorilla.

But they have gnarly muscles :wink:

Yeah, I double dog dare anyone to go up to a gorilla and make fun of his family jewels.
DB

Postby susand828 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:49 pm

LOL! I have "my fitness pal" on my phone which tracks my nutritional intake in general-carbs, fiber, protein, vitamins, etc. The next person that asks me where I get my protein will be bored to tears because I plan on going on and on and on and on with the details:)
I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again. (Anonymous)
susand828

Postby purple_mog » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:09 pm

[quote="susand828"]LOL! I have "my fitness pal" on my phone which tracks my nutritional intake in general-carbs, fiber, protein, vitamins, etc. The next person that asks me where I get my protein will be bored to tears because I plan on going on and on and on and on with the details:)

*likes*
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

Mahatma Gandhi
purple_mog

Postby V-Igor » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:22 am

[quote="beforewisdom"]My answer: "from my food"

8)

My official answer now.
V-Igor

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating