Tea, Coffee, Now Mate

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: Tea, Coffee, Now Mate

Postby Hiking Fox » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:14 am

[quote="beforewisdom"] Which I wonder about how much the British really do love tea since they tend to cover up the taste with milk and sugar..

It doesn't cover the taste up, it enhances it a lot. Most people only use a very small amount of milk, anyway, and probably fewer than half of people take sugar.
Hiking Fox

Postby BlueRose » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:35 pm

[quote="Hiking Fox"][quote="beforewisdom"] Which I wonder about how much the British really do love tea since they tend to cover up the taste with milk and sugar..

It doesn't cover the taste up, it enhances it a lot. Most people only use a very small amount of milk, anyway, and probably fewer than half of people take sugar.

As an American who takes her tea like that (unsweetened vanilla almond milk and stevia or brown sugar to be precise), it definitely doesn't cover up the taste at all. I drinkmy Ear Grey like that.

(it's my screaming genetics. I eat my chips with salt and vinegar too. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT FOR)
rational romantic mystic cynical idealist.

Vegan Women's Bodybuilding & Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VeganWomenBodybuildingAndFitness/
Boston Vegan Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BostonVeganFitness/
BlueRose

Postby thestoatyone » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm

[quote="BlueRose"][quote="Hiking Fox"][quote="beforewisdom"] Which I wonder about how much the British really do love tea since they tend to cover up the taste with milk and sugar..

As an American who takes her tea like that (unsweetened vanilla almond milk and stevia or brown sugar to be precise), it definitely doesn't cover up the taste at all. I drinkmy Ear Grey like that.

(it's my screaming genetics. I eat my chips with salt and vinegar too. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT ME LIKE THAT FOR)

You call them chips, you are an honorary Brit.
Vincit omnia pertinax virtus

My Log

[quote="muchluv"]When I grow up I want to be Gelert.
thestoatyone

Previous

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating