cycling off of protein

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

cycling off of protein

Postby wannalift » Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:53 pm

ran out of soy protein and the store i buy it from was out. i'm going off of protein shakes for a little while. i do the same thing with multivitamins to kind of shock my body from the daily grind that is my machine like dietary behavior. hopefully it will lead to some new PRs.
~david
wannalift

Re: cycling off of protein

Postby muscle-militia » Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:59 pm

[quote="daviddenton"]ran out of soy protein and the store i buy it from was out. i'm going off of protein shakes for a little while. i do the same thing with multivitamins to kind of shock my body from the daily grind that is my machine like dietary behavior. hopefully it will lead to some new PRs.
~david

Interesting dude - keep us posted of changes effects. I have to cycle carb etc but my 'tein' stays!! - lookin forward to ya reports,
100% Natural - 100% meat free muscle!!
muscle-militia

Postby JP » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:59 am

when the i ran out of soy protein and it wasn't available for a few weeks in whole manchester (exept that way overpriced twinlab brand!) i didn't really lose anything, lifts stayed the same, weight stayed the same - but on the other hand we want progress and not staying the same!

It's always difficult to pin down reasons why things happen because so many factors affect our training, but i don't think it is a bad idea to have moments, perhaps a week, or just few days, when you back off from your eating for a while and give your body a rest.

Keep us posted!
JP
Site Admin

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating