Tasty, instant and nutritious!

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Tasty, instant and nutritious!

Postby Fruitbat » Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:28 pm

I need instant food when I get home after a lon day at work and exercising! I thought other people mght like to suggest their quick fixes too!

Wholemeal pita with hummus and grilled aubergine (eggplant) courgette (zucchini) cherry tomatoes andmushrooms, with raw spinach

Wholemeal pita with yeast spread and tahini, steamed broccoli and mushrooms

Wholemeal pita with yeast spread and bean salad and lettuce cuc and tom with or without guacamole

Wholemeal pitas with lettuce, cuc and tom, ketchup or yeast spread; add giant grilled mushroom too if you like; and or a veggie burger of some kind

Pitas with "mayo" falafel grated broccoli carrot and courgette (zucchini) all raw

Waldorf or coleslaw salad with oatcakes or bread

I may add more later
Fruitbat

Postby Strix » Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:11 pm

It depends, but I keep (err, I'm supposed to :?) a large bowl of grains in the fridge for just that reason and fresh veggies I like raw, like cauliflower. I just throw some mushrooms or whatever veggies I have available, some seaweed in the grains.

And I also have fruit available for easy grabbing. I'm trying to cut down though because I eat unnatural amounts of fruit :oops:

I try to keep bread out of the house. So, it's basically those above or leftovers.
"The hand that signed the paper felled a city;
Five sovereign fingers taxed the breath,
Doubled the globe of dead and halved a country;
These five kings did a king to death."
-Dylan Thomas
Strix

Postby VeganAustrian » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:55 am

Why keep bread out of the house?
I am a Lurker.
VeganAustrian

Postby Strix » Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:01 am

Oh, well, I prefer whole grains. Processed breads, I don't need! That's just according to my needs. :)
"The hand that signed the paper felled a city;
Five sovereign fingers taxed the breath,
Doubled the globe of dead and halved a country;
These five kings did a king to death."
-Dylan Thomas
Strix

Postby Fruitbat » Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:01 am

I eat hue amounts of fruit - see my nickname! Fruit is never unnatural but I find it can be a bad thing when I fill up on fruit and then dont fancy eating a meal and then go hungry later...

I also avoid buyin bread as I prefer unporcessed carb source - that goes for pasta too. I try to keep my servings of wheat down to 2 serves a week but generally pita breads are my downfall! Also if I have bread then I eat it all too fast which is excess carbs I dont usually need and thentoo much wheat makes me bloated, can give me heartburn and makes me feel ill and sluggish.
Fruitbat

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating