to isolate or not, that's the question?

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby Heyutang » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:34 am

JP, interesting question. I do know the main ingredient in Udo's oil is flax oil, and I also think that Udo himself is a vegan, but that is just assuming on my part after what I read about him. I will try later to send an email to him to see if we can get an answer to this.
Heyutang

My Vegan mass diet…

Postby muscle-militia » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:46 pm

This is my comp diet - now it is the sme just about 1000 calories more - just extra food - loads of food:

8.30 90+ pea PRO, 100g Oats with bran + UDO, Banana, wholemeal toast
& Ferrous Supphate. Est Cal 860. Est Protein 60g

10.30 Baked potato (or Yam) with small salad/Olives etc, 1 tin 3 Quorn
fillets, soya cheese 4 amino tabs. Est Cal 300. Est Protein 40g

12.30 MRP - 90+ pea PRO, with Glucose c or maltodextrin (50g carb)
Est Cal 350. Prtein 45g

3pm Baked potato (or Yam) with small salad/Olives etc, 1 tin 5 Quorn
fillets, soya cheese 4 amino tabs. Est Cal 300. Protein 50g

5pm (pre work out) 8veggie burgers, rice, veg + roll &
90+ pea PRO +UDO Creatine. Cal 800. Protein 70+g

5.30 Glutamine & Grapefruit

6pm Training + Glucose & Grapefruit

7.30pm Post work out: 90+ with Glucose c or maltodextrin (50g carb)
baked potato & spinach, UDO, Aminos Est Cal 690. Protein 60g +

9.30 90+ pea PRO & Banana & seed/nut mix. est Cal 250. Protein 50g

10pm Soya/90+ pea PRO & Banana & seed/nut mix & 1 teaspoon
of peanut butter. Cal 250. Protein 55g

Total 3500 - 4000 cal Protein @ 420g :lol:
100% Natural - 100% meat free muscle!!
muscle-militia

Postby Mary » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:48 pm

Wow, you are nearly vegan! If it wasn't for the egg in the quorn that would be a vegan diet. Must take a lot of discipline, perhaps even more than the weights, not to succumb to hunger... (or cravings for fruit, icecream, etc.)
Mary

Postby JP » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:51 pm

bloody hell mate, thats practically vegan!!! With the exeption of quorn (with it's egg as one ingredient), everything looks like vegan foods?
JP
Site Admin

Postby JP » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:51 pm

hehee, mary beat me to it, you are quick ;)
JP
Site Admin

Postby Mary » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:56 pm

Joni and I are obviously psychic... something for the supernatural thread perhaps. :lol:
Mary

Yep!

Postby muscle-militia » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:04 pm

Quorm will be out soon too - so full on vegan. I am as near as you can get!

I am working on a full 4500 cal vegan as we speak but it means extra meals. I am up the lab testing the carb/fat ratio. To be honest it is a World Title Vs Quorm and the egg.
…Vegan is going to win tho - just gota work it out LOL!!
muscle-militia

Postby Mary » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:16 pm

There you go. I knew you would be seduced by the vegan side of the force. :twisted: Excellent news!
Mary

Re: Yep!

Postby JP » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:34 pm

[quote="muscle-militia"]Quorm will be out soon too - so full on vegan. I am as near as you can get!

I am working on a full 4500 cal vegan as we speak but it means extra meals. I am up the lab testing the carb/fat ratio. To be honest it is a World Title Vs Quorm and the egg.
?Vegan is going to win tho - just gota work it out LOL!!

fantastic stuff mate! I hope this board can help you out as well and gtive inspiration on how to take that last step without compromising any of your gains - or who knows give you a good boost in the process!

Being vegan is not a compromise for me, or should i say i refuse to believe i have to compromise anything in form of gains and development and health in general. In fact, veganism gives me the mental boost when i get even more stubborn to prove to all the meaties out there that i can, and will, do it :D

Good luck bro.
JP
Site Admin

Postby muscle-militia » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:09 pm

Thanx dude! :lol:
muscle-militia

Postby Heyutang » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:40 am

JP, I've sent an email to Florahealth with a question about the oils for vegans. Maybe this could go into another thread? Anyway, here is what I found on their website already:[quote]MM2K: A lot of bodybuilders are using flaxseed oil exclusively. Are they perhaps creating some sort of imbalance by relying too heavily on flax alone?
ERASMUS: Short term, they're okay. Long term, they're going to have problems. You see, I was the one who introduced flax oil for consumption. That was my first oil. And I've moved away from it because of the poor balance of Omega-3's to Omega-6's. It's too rich in Omega-3's, and people become Omega-6 deficient if they use it exclusively for too long.

MM2K: What if I can't use Udo's Choice and I'm using flax oil; what can I do right now to remedy this situation?
ERASMUS: If you mixed flax and sunflower-seed oil, you could balance the Omega-3's to 6's. Use about three tablespoons of flax to every tablespoon of sunflower

I found two articles that are of direct interest for bbers: http://www.udoerasmus.com/articles/reviews/item12.htm and
http://www.udoerasmus.com/articles/reviews/item15.htm . Many more articles and some studies there as well. The man is not vegetarian though, as they talk about eating beef, fish and butter as well.
Heyutang

Previous

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating