Body Fat?

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Body Fat?

Postby barbara » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:16 am

What is ideal body fat % for women? There are so many different tables that I am confused.

My sister got hers tested today at the gym. She is 14% body fat. That seems really low to me (or I am over fat!) Thank you :D
barbara

Postby Cuguacuarana » Fri Aug 13, 2004 7:48 am

14 percent is pretty low for a woman. I am not sure about this, but off the top of my head I believe the ideal bodyfat range is like 16-24 percent for a woman or close to that. Bear in mind that one measurement is not a great way to determine bodyfat percentage. None of the measuring techniques are very accurate. What is more important is the trend that occures over several tests. For example if you want to lose bodyfat get it measured and periodically have it re-tested with the same technique (eg skinfold). if the number keeps going down, you are losing bodyfat.
Austin

"We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane." --Kurt Vonnegut, Breakfast of Champions
Cuguacuarana

Postby Renecarol25 » Fri Aug 13, 2004 12:09 pm

I think it is 18-25%.
Renee
Renecarol25

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating