loosing body fat

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

loosing body fat

Postby not_a_slave » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:27 am

how do i go about loosing body fat quickly and keeping it off?
...AND THERE WILL BE SORROW NO MORE
not_a_slave

Postby Mary » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:11 am

Hey - I am sure that you will get loads of great replies, but first - I love your name, avatar, and quote. Cool!

Tell us a bit about yourself in the new members section too - then we can say hello properly. I hope you like it here.
Mary

Re: loosing body fat

Postby ultra_whippet » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:49 pm

[quote="not_a_slave"]how do i go about loosing body fat quickly and keeping it off?

You can't :wink: Aim for a max of 1 - 1.5lbs per week, which equates to a deficit of 500kcal/day. Any more and the body's starvation responses start to kick in, and you'll lose lean mass as well. I can give you more info if you really want it, but keep the fat loss slow and progressive and you should be just fine....
ultra_whippet

Postby JP » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:07 pm

i second what SW said.

Have a look at some of the past threads about weight loss, you'll see that the main thing to remember is that it is simple thermodynamics, you need to consume more calories than you eat to lose weight. Also that we are all different in our habits, lifestyles and metabolism rates (and million other things!), so we would need to know as much as possible about you to give more defined answers.

if i had to answer your original question, i'd say what SW just said, plus that if you wish to keep the fat away, the safest thing is to change your lifestyle in a sustainable way, not to follow any fad diets, quick schemes, superduper killer workout regimes and so on.

Rather focus on getting more active, using your car less (good for the environment as well!), changing eating habits to a solid, varied vegan food with no "diets" and starvation phases and so on.

This is all very general babble, so do ask more specific stuff if you want :D Besides, i'm the last person to give advice on weight loss issues anyway being as it is i am one of these people who thinks they are never big enough :D
JP
Site Admin

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating