gain muscle mass

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

gain muscle mass

Postby V VII Hero » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:25 pm

so I am eating tons of healthy calories. but I am storing some as fat.

how do I eat tons of food and store is as muscle? what gets stored as muscle anyway? carbs?

someone educate me on how we build muscle mass please
From Texas to Alaska, exploring the world.
V VII Hero

Postby wannalift » Fri Jul 30, 2004 6:42 pm

1. get stronger. lift heavier and heavier weights. get on a strength program like joni's or ryans or mine.
2. get lots of protein. 1g/lb at least. use protein shakes and tvp.
3. don't neglect your lower body. this is the key to getting your whole body strong.
4. only use compound exercises. bench, overhead press, pull ups, barbell rows, dips, squats, and deadlifts are the only exercises you need and the only ones you should do.
5. take your vitamins and say your prayers :lol:
good luck,
~david
wannalift

Postby rustysyris » Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:56 am

I eat every 3 hours to keep my metabolism and protein in the morning plus a workout and some carbs to get your days moving then snack on fruits and veggies all day till dinner then eat more protein. Ive noticed more muscle mass over a month period
Rusty

"Just because some of us can read and write and do a little math, that doesn't mean we deserve to conquer the universe."
rustysyris

Re: gain muscle mass

Postby pandiriver » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:28 pm

[quote="V VII Hero"]swhat gets stored as muscle anyway? carbs?

protein "gets stored as muscle". The aminoacids (some of which are essential and the body will not produce by itself) that make up protein are the building stones of muscle mass.

Other than that. Meal plan? Eat 6 times per day. protein every meal - roughly 1.4-2g / kg of body weight / day. And don't forget your carbs and fats. Don't forget to rest too - it's atleast as important as doing work IN the gym
please reveganise me =(
pandiriver

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating