my bulking diet

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

my bulking diet

Postby JP » Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:16 am

BULKING TIME!!!!

Had enough of this fat loss BS - back to eating big. This is how I eat:

upon wake up: soy/pea protein shake

7.30: Oat porridge made to soy milk with chopped dates, pumpkin seeds. Glass of orange juice. Multivitamine.

mid morning: One of the two:
1. bread with tahini spread (made from sesame seeds, 30% protein, good fats, minerals), seitan slices (25-30% protein, wheat product)
2. Home made peanut butter protein bars (penut butter, oats, soy protein)

Often a fruit as well like a banana.

Lunch: either:
1. Yesterdays leftovers, or
2. lentil soup with two big pieces of bread (work next to a veggie soup cafe), or
3. chickpeas with rice, olive oil sprinkled over and nutritional yeast flakes

afternoon snack: one of the following:
1. home made peanut butter protein bars
2. hemp seed bar
3. bread with some spread like peanut butter, tahini or hummus.

and a soy chocolate drink, 2.5 dl

and snacking with almonds on a working day.

Pre workout: something small, like a cup of mysli, small bowl of oatmeal, nuts, bread etc

postworkout: soy/pea protein shake, glucose

dinner: often different, but always balanced, anything between rice, tofu, steamed veggies and salad to lasagne. Always a protein source, always good carbs and a lot of it, always some salad, always tasty!

Evening snack (not always, depends on the time of the dinner), one of the following:
1. bread with penut butter, tahini or hummus
2. pistachios or other nuts
3. desert like custard, ice cream, cake, whatever is there.

before bed: soy/pea protein shake with flaxseed oil and/or coconut milk

Any comments/suggestions greatly appreciated!
JP
Site Admin

Postby wannalift » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:05 pm

joni, i'd love to have you over to the states some time, but i'm afraid you might get hungry and try and eat me :D
~david
wannalift

Good diet!

Postby Oak » Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:44 pm

That's a great bulking diet Joni, it'd make any bodybuilder proud.

No doubt your gonna get bigger muscle (and fat :twisted: ).

Your protein, fats and carbs seem to be excellently worked out, even if unintended. :)

It's good to see that you are having steamed veggies and salad and stuff, i also see that you are having a multivitamin. All sounds sensible.

I would just say that due to the high loads of foods and the amount of waste products that your body will be going through. I'd add more fruit and veg. All those antidioxitants including vit C will help keep you really on top of it!

So i'd say to snack on more fruit, other than just bananas, stuff like grapes and organges, berries and stuff!
If you can add them in that'd be fine, you could afford to lose a little amount of protein foods if you can't stomach that much food.

Best of luck!
Oak :D
Oak

Postby Blad3 » Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:06 pm

I can take the above diet as advice. Mine is similar but with less food. I'll make it more like the above, I think.

Thanks for posting.
Blad3

Postby JP » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:23 pm

LOL! @ DD :D

oak, good suggestion, fruit and fresh veggies has always been my weak point.

regarding the waste products, you bet, there's loads of it :D I hope i won't have to eat big for a long time this time around and get to that magical 100kg/220lbs mark soonish (only about one year later than Adam/Myrddin and Nanoking - we had a bit of a competition who will hit 100kg first and Adam won hands down...).

Blad3, nice one, good if the plan can be of any use!
JP
Site Admin

Postby JO » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:26 pm

Where are they, anyway, Myrddin & Nanoking?
JO

Postby JP » Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:35 pm

[quote="JO"]Where are they, anyway, Myrddin & Nanoking?

myrddin can't visit that often at the moment, but you see him online once in a while. Nanoking hasn't been on the board for a while.
JP
Site Admin

Postby Blad3 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:05 pm

Wait, I do't want to go past the 84Kg mark in weight, I'm about 78 now, maybe a little less/more.

How much cals a day should I get? ATM I'm not getting more than 1600-2500 maximum. I feel like I need more food; my legs/arms hurt quickly/soon after exercising (5 minutes in.) :O

Especially with Cardio, which has always been very bad. I mean very, really terrible (which doesn't help the the pain in my muscles.)

So I need more Cals?
Blad3

Postby JP » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:34 pm

[quote="Blad3"]Wait, I do't want to go past the 84Kg mark in weight, I'm about 78 now, maybe a little less/more.

6kg is a lot of room to manouvre, so no worries about that mate! Why 84kg if you don't mind me asking?

By the way, i'm about 97kg, so that diet is built accordingly, smaller guys can cut off quite a bit.

[quote]
How much cals a day should I get? ATM I'm not getting more than 1600-2500 maximum. I feel like I need more food; my legs/arms hurt quickly/soon after exercising (5 minutes in.) :O

Especially with Cardio, which has always been very bad. I mean very, really terrible (which doesn't help the the pain in my muscles.)

muscle pains and calories probably are not related directly, perhaps someone more knowledgeable should pick up on that one.

your calorie count sounds low if you are aiming to grow to that 84kg...
JP
Site Admin

Postby Blad3 » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:56 pm

Thanks for the reply. Thing is it's not muscle, it;s mostly fulbber, not that I'm fat - it's just annoying excess fat, never had it this bad before. :P

84Kg because I want to be a middleweight in the sport I do (MMA/wrestling.)

Well my stamina is terrible, but I'll see how it is after a month more of training.
Blad3

Postby Dee » Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:42 am

Joni whats your target weight 100+ :?: .
Your diet is well set out mate, l myself have started to bulk up again looking at gaining 5kg :) . Adem.
Dee

Postby JP » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:28 am

[quote="Dee"]Joni whats your target weight 100+ :?: .

100 is the target indeed! No reason other than it is a nice round figure :D

easier said than done though...
JP
Site Admin

Postby Mary » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:06 pm

[quote="daviddenton"]joni, i'd love to have you over to the states some time, but i'm afraid you might get hungry and try and eat me :D
~david

Don't worry. He's vegan! (He might eat your furniture though...) :lol:
Mary

Postby Blad3 » Thu Jul 15, 2004 3:57 pm

I think the problem with my muscles is to do with not eating enough before training; I'm always hungry just before I start (training)...

Usually i'll just have a smoothie/protein shake (with no protein powder; just natural ingredients), maybe a small sandwich and that's it - so need more imo...
Blad3

Postby JP » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:49 am

i used to have the same. I sometimes have some porridge, or mysli or something to keep me from going hungry.

Adding protein to pre workout shake would be a good idea as well, why not! Lots of bodybuilders seem to favour it.
JP
Site Admin

Next

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating