Raw apple cider vinegar: how to drink

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Raw apple cider vinegar: how to drink

Postby jamesndawson » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:13 pm

I'd like to start drinking apple cider vinegarand water, hot. I know it's very simple and straightforward and I shouldn't have to ask, but it seems like there are always details I'm not aware of. I just read that I shouldn't have been taking it undiluted by the teaspoon, because it's bad for the esophagus. So my guess is that I'd just add a teaspoon or maybe as much as a table spoon to boiling water, about a cup or 2 and go ahead and drink it. Does that sound okay? Is there anybody else here who drinks it that way or similar? Is there an amount per day that's too much? I try to do research but I'm overwhelmed with repetetive info that doesn't quite seem to answer my simple questions.
James
jamesndawson

Re: Raw apple cider vinegar: how to drink

Postby baldy » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:12 pm

Have you tried consuming it as part of a cupcake :D
http://www.usuallyvegan.com/tag/vegan-c ... the-world/

[quote]
Ingredients:

1 cup soy milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/4 cup flour
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby jamesndawson » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:01 pm

Thanks, but what I'm looking for is a hot & healthy drink to curb my appetite in the winter. I want to maintain my weight. I put a soup spoon in a 2 cup mug of boiled water, but it was a bit too weak for me. I'm just wondering what a good ratio of water to vinegar would be before it got unadvisedly harsh on the esophagus.
James
jamesndawson

Postby Sandra B » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:34 pm

Apple cider vinegar is my favorite because of its vast health benefits. Here are some of these:
Apple cider Vinegar

*Helps Remove Body Toxins
* Helps Promote a Youthful Body
* Helps support a healthy immune system
* Helps Maintain Healthy Skin
* Helps Control Weight
* Improves Digestion and assimilation
* Soothes Tight and Aching Joints and Sore Muscles from exercise
* Soothes irritated skin.

Apple cider Vinegar is cheap, easy to use and it really benefits our health in numerous ways, Hippocrates, the father of medicine thought of it as a powerful elixir and a naturally occurring antibiotic and antiseptic that fights germs. Ancient Egyptians, Roman’s and Greeks used it. And Apple Cider Vinegar is mentioned in the Bible as an antiseptic and healing agent. Even Columbus had barrels of vinegar on his ships for the prevention of scurvy. Indeed, Apple Cider Vinegar has been used for thousands of years as both a health and cleansing agent.

Apple Cider Vinegar can benefit both people and their pets. It is antibacterial and anti-fungal giving the immune system a good boost. As a high potassium electrolyte balancer, it remineralizes the body and helps normalize the blood’s alkaline acid balance. Bragg apple cider vinegar is really amazing as It's mostly used everywhere.

Apple Cider Vinegar is a good remedy for food poisoning and helpful in digestive upsets. It is also effective for urinary tract infections and it lowers high blood pressure. In animals, it is helpful in skin and coat problems. For those on diuretics, it is helpful in replacing potassium depletion. Use one teaspoonful in the dog or cat’s drinking water daily as a healthy tonic and two teaspoonfuls in a pint of water, for yourself.

For centuries, people have recognized cider vinegar’s health benefits to fight infection, promote digestion, and even in fighting osteoporosis. So when you eat that salad with the cider vinegar and oil dressing, you’re reaping large health benefits as well as good taste!
Sandra B

Postby vogiama » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:07 pm

I use 1 tablespoon apple cide vinengar in 1 cup of lukwarm water, every morning.
vogiama

Postby des217today » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:45 pm

I drink a tablespoon in a 1/4 glass of faucet water every morning. Never knew it made a difference. Let me know
des217today

Postby athlegan » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:33 am

[quote="Sandra B"]*Helps Remove Body Toxins
* Helps Promote a Youthful Body
* Helps support a healthy immune system
* Helps Maintain Healthy Skin
* Helps Control Weight
* Improves Digestion and assimilation
* Soothes Tight and Aching Joints and Sore Muscles from exercise
* Soothes irritated skin.

I'll go ahead and call bull on this. Open to listening if anyone wants to try and back those claims up though.
athlegan
Site Admin

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating