bulkers corner

Any queries about vegan diet, nutrition, dieting, bulking and healthy eating in general. Diets and food from vegan perspective.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: bulkers corner

Postby JP » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:58 pm

baldy wrote:Just bought a diet pepsi from the vending machine by mistake. Not impressed.

This has happened to me too, it's quite upsetting when you know you should be getting calories but it's all just a lie...
JP
Site Admin

Postby Linnéa76 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:57 pm

JP wrote:
baldy wrote:Just bought a diet pepsi from the vending machine by mistake. Not impressed.

This has happened to me too, it's quite upsetting when you know you should be getting calories but it's all just a lie...

You're aware there's a sugar-free delicato boll on the market now? Could lead to accidental cutting if you're not paying attention!
-Talk is cheap-
Linnéa76

Postby Lordmuppet » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:28 pm

Linnéa76 wrote:
JP wrote:

You're aware there's a sugar-free delicato boll on the market now? Could lead to accidental cutting if you're not paying attention!

Baldy just sent me a bunch of these. They were finished in under a week! lovely stuff :)
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby baldy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:25 pm

Lordmuppet wrote:
Linnéa76 wrote:You're aware there's a sugar-free delicato boll on the market now? Could lead to accidental cutting if you're not paying attention!

Baldy just sent me a bunch of these. They were finished in under a week! lovely stuff :)

Rest assure that I did not send Lordmuppet the sugar free ones. Friends dont send friends sugar free delicato boll*.

*unless they are diabetic.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:27 am

Talyn is cutting and this was his plate. I am bulking and my plate was half the size and I couldn't finish it.
Often I feel like a very failed bulker. :roll:
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby ninearms » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:48 am

Pepsi Max, bro.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

bulkers corner

Postby Talyn » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:13 pm

How you can maintain nearly 100kg of bodyweight I do not know.

I'm maintaining now on ~3000 cal per day. Life's good.
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby baldy » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:16 pm

Talyn wrote:How you can maintain nearly 100kg of bodyweight I do not know.

potato waffles and baked beans? That is the only thing I consistently eat that is bulking type of food.
baldy
Site Admin

bulkers corner

Postby Talyn » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:57 pm

baldy wrote:potato waffles and baked beans? That is the only thing I consistently eat that is bulking type of food.

That's your problem, there is no bulking food. Only bulking quantities.
Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby Talyn » Sat May 05, 2012 4:33 pm

As I am now bulking, my usual pumpkin protein cookies now have chocolate chips added.

Eating some now with choc soya milk. So much win.

Talyn
User Activation Admin

Postby hardcore iv » Thu May 10, 2012 3:32 pm

I had to do a low-carb, high protein, diet for a couple of days last week for uni. Came up with a great burger recipe that had me knocking back about 350gms protein and about 50-60gm carbs.

To make about 10 normal sized burgers:

- About 1 kilo of the lowest carb firm tofu you can find (<2 grams CHO per 100gm)
- 100gm nutritional yeast
- 50gm gluten flour
- your choice of spices
- a can of sanitarium nutmeat (peanuts and gluten).

Worked out to about 35gms protein and about 7-8gms of carbs per burger.
This could be either bulking or cutting food depending on what accompanies the burger. Maybe battered and deep fried could work?
"When you are born, you are set forth to die. The fact that you live or don't live between these two dates depends solely upon your own will, opportunities and desires. The weight exerciser, of course, indicates that he chooses to live." Joseph Curtis Hise
hardcore iv

Postby sergio » Thu May 10, 2012 8:46 pm

hardcore iv wrote:I had to do a low-carb, high protein, diet for a couple of days last week for uni. Came up with a great burger recipe that had me knocking back about 350gms protein and about 50-60gm carbs.

To make about 10 normal sized burgers:

- About 1 kilo of the lowest carb firm tofu you can find (<2 grams CHO per 100gm)
- 100gm nutritional yeast
- 50gm gluten flour
- your choice of spices
- a can of sanitarium nutmeat (peanuts and gluten).

Worked out to about 35gms protein and about 7-8gms of carbs per burger.
This could be either bulking or cutting food depending on what accompanies the burger. Maybe battered and deep fried could work?

No idea if it could work - I'm awful at making homemade burguers - but looks awesome!

Im not into this fake-meat meals but made an exception today: 12 mini frankfurt-seitan sausages with brocoli and a bucket of salad. According to the label 64 gr of protein in 250 gr of food. :oops:
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

Postby gabrielxxx » Sat May 12, 2012 2:40 am

Made an orange cake yesterday, but it's gone.

2cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 any fat(peanut, corn, soy, canola oil)
1 cup of liquid
1 tbsp of that stuff that makes it grow
A pinch of salt

The liquid is what adds flavour, you can use orange juice, soymilk with lots of chocolate, carrot juice(awesome!), vanilla soymilk, pineapple juice.

Bake in a medium oven untill it's delicious.

Also costs under U$3, cheap as hell.
gabrielxxx

Postby baldy » Sun May 13, 2012 8:06 pm

Talyn wrote:
baldy wrote:potato waffles and baked beans? That is the only thing I consistently eat that is bulking type of food.

That's your problem, there is no bulking food. Only bulking quantities.

No problems bulking over here, back in to triple figures (after 500ml of water).
baldy
Site Admin

Postby baldy » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:40 pm

No one else bulking?
Summer is already here, no point getting ready for the beach. Time to start bulking for the cold winter ahead.

Easy 1000 calorie dessert (for you haters, 220 per a pie and the custard has got to be over 120 calories).
baldy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Vegan Diets, Nutrition and Healthy Eating