Pedal on Parliament 2013

If cycling of any kind, from leisure to endurance, is your passion, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Pedal on Parliament 2013

Postby gee*dee » Mon May 13, 2013 3:18 pm

Anyone doing this one?

http://pedalonparliament.org/

It's on 19th May and it's taking place in Edinburgh, with feeder rides coming in from Glasgow and the like, the aim being to campaign for better cycling infrastructure (which is presumably a good thing :wink: ). I'm currently waiting to get my bike delivered back to me from my parents' place (long story) so providing it arrives in good time I'll probably be signing on...
gee*dee

Re: Pedal on Parliament 2013

Postby Knight of Albion » Mon May 13, 2013 3:20 pm

Good luck with that! Other than walking or running, transport doesn't get 'greener' than cycling!
All this talk of religion but it's how you live your life that is the all-important thing.
If you set out each day to do all the goodness and kindness that you can and to do no harm to man or beast, then you are walking the highest path.
And when your time is up, if you can leave the earth a better place than you found it, then yours will have been a life well lived.
http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Knight of Albion

Postby Imogen » Thu May 16, 2013 12:46 pm

Would love to be there but I'll be out of the city this weekend.

Hope it goes well :)
Imogen

Postby blinki » Thu May 16, 2013 4:47 pm

I like the idea but sadly I don't have a bike anymore, cycling in Edinburgh is too stressful for me want a new one which is probably an ironic reason not to be able to take part
blinki

Postby gee*dee » Thu May 16, 2013 7:35 pm

I'm sort of on the fence about it atm tbh but I might end up doing it out of an internal nagging. At the end of the day, I'm definitely all for boosting the image of cycling and making it safer and more appealing to the majority.

I did Pedal for Scotland last year so I have basically done the ride before (if only barely :oops: ) but got a much lighter bike which will be far easier to ride so hopefully that will make a difference...
gee*dee

Return to Cycling Forum