Cake

If cycling of any kind, from leisure to endurance, is your passion, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Cake

Postby bridgetm » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:43 pm

That got your attention!

Does anyone know of a cyclist-friendly cafe in Surrey, Kent or even West Sussex that has vegan cake. I'm fed up with not having cake or having to bring something of my own - and sponge cake does not transport well in a jersey pocket!

I've tried suggesting at the Italian cafe I go to every week but no matter how much I explain the owner just doesn't seem to get it. He told me the other day he had some gluten-free cake in. He does do a nice line in soya hot-chocolate though.
bridgetm

Re: Cake

Postby GY Jon » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:16 pm

I can't help but I do feel your pain.

As an audaxer I often sup my black coffee and eat my ready salted crisps while my companions tuck into many a huge slice of cake :roll: the recent discovery of the vegan fruit version of soreen malt loaves has helped a little.

I feel we should be adding a vegan-friendly cycling cafe stops perma-thread to the forum? Sadly very few to be had in my bit of Wales.
GY Jon

Re: Cake

Postby baldy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:35 am

[quote="bridgetm"]sponge cake does not transport well in a jersey pocket!

Would biscuits not solve this problem? (at least until you can convince a cafe to make something vegan).
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Return to Cycling Forum