Your training plan

If cycling of any kind, from leisure to endurance, is your passion, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Your training plan

Postby Herbsman » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:34 am

What type of cycling do you do, wdoes your training plan look like, and what do you use to build it and record each training session?
Herbsman

Re: Your training plan

Postby wannalift » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:06 am

Herbsman wrote:What type of cycling do you do

I just mountain bike for fun.

Herbsman wrote:wdoes your training plan look like

My weight training and cycling training plan looks a lot like that of a track sprinter. I lift 4 days a week with olympic partial lifts on 3 of those days. 2 intense lower body days and another with high reps. Also do metcons 3 times per week. Outside of the gym I do sprints on my bike trainer that vary from 6 to 15 seconds in length and the highest resistance levels.

Herbsman wrote:and what do you use to build it and record each training session?

Nothing. Since I know the power curve of my trainer and the inches of development on my wheel, I just have to follow the cadence of my crank arms. I know where I need to be at get to 2000 watts over a 6-second interval which is my ultimate goal. I'm still a long way off from that. I just try to go ALL OUT during the sprint interval. I'm going to get a bike computer soon though.
Are you doing enough to be the best?
wannalift

Postby skoptic » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:05 am

Hey Herbsman....

Road cycling .... but for triathlon training. I do turbo sessions, club rides and sportives. So training looks like a couple of turbos a week doing interval type things and then a weekend ride...

I log it all on the Garmin 705.. no power stuff yet, too expensive for me - but I know that's the way. I generally up my mileage to see endurance improve and can see the turbo sessions getting easier as I get better. Generally I only cycle half the year - which is why its my worst discipline ;) How 'bout you?
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby Herbsman » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:03 pm

Mine are top secret. I'd have to kill you
Herbsman

Postby skoptic » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:22 pm

then this is a subversive thread..... you rascal......moderator!!
skoptic
Facebook Admin

Postby Herbsman » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:56 am

Heh nah I just built it on the advice of Friel's Training Bible (base, build, taper, peak, transition etc). Planned two peaks for the season and may go for a third later in the year when more races appear in the calendar. I find it easy to get out and do the hard training, but I'm not very disciplined when it comes to recovery. I need to stay off forums and Facebook and Twitter late at night and GO TO SLEEP!
Herbsman

Postby bob_summers » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:58 pm

^ is more or less what I do, but my lack of discipline is in doing the intervals, drills, hill repeats, gyms, stretching... ugh. I'm not particularly short of time and I just like to get on my bike, disappear into the mountains and ride the fucking thing for a few hours. In the 50s, coupled with amphetamine, that would have won me a few grand Tours ;-)
"No se deja de pedalear cuando se envejece.
Se envejece cuando se deja de pedalear"
bob_summers

Postby downhillingdemon » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:18 pm

DH

Week normally looks something like this, but often loose a day or so at the gym because of work/racing

Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Feckin heavy squats and back work at gym
Wednesday: Rest, or maybe pedal gently
Thursday: 1 Hour or so evening ride
Friday: Bench
Saturday: Long day XC/AM
Sunday: DH day
"You can't hide from your shadow"
downhillingdemon

Return to Cycling Forum