Turbo training and weight loss

If cycling of any kind, from leisure to endurance, is your passion, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Turbo training and weight loss

Postby Jrun » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:24 am

Hey everyone I'm looking into doing turbo training because I took my bike out the other day on the roads and well the winter weather(dirt roads) slows me down too much. I'm wondering how much turbo training I should be doing a day for good weight loss. So what ever answers/tips you have would be great! Thanks
ski freak
Jrun

Re: Turbo training and weight loss

Postby fredrikw » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:39 am

The key to losing weight is spending more calories than you eat. Train more and don't increase your calorie intake will most definitely lead to weight loss. The challenge with cycling on a trainer is keeping up the mental effort and the boredom of being in one place all the time.

Also I don't understand what you mean by the weather slows you down too much, it's not the speed you're after when training, it's the power. Same thing with going uphill, sure a slower speed but that's not a problem since your actual power output is what counts.
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Re: Turbo training and weight loss

Postby Jrun » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:26 am

When i said the weather slows me down i ment the roads get so bad in place i have to get off and walk and it makes it not very enjoyable!

Thanks for your advice :)
ski freak
Jrun

Return to Cycling Forum