shameless product plug

If cycling of any kind, from leisure to endurance, is your passion, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

shameless product plug

Postby tonyboloni » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:07 pm

I had some shorts and a jersey that I had been wearing; despite careful laundering they got funky and wouldn't come clean. I tried both air drying and machine drying...hoping it would make the smell evaporate...but it didn't work. I even tried hand laundering then rinsing in vinegar; still didn't work. Damn those supernatural fibers!

Someone recommended Peguin Sport Wash and I am happy to report it completely solved the problem. I can't attest to whether or not the product is vegan; the bottle does state the ingredients are biodegradeable.....but given enough water and enough time most things, granite included, are.

One thing someone did tell me is this: do not put those fabrics in the dryer; it will only bake in the funk. Also: no dryer sheets because they goober up the breathability of the fabrics. I don't use dryer sheets so that's not a problem.

I did the vinegar thing backwards; I was told to soak them for an hour in one cup vinegar to one gallon of water before washing....then air dry.
You weren't born a smoker; you don't have to die one (smoke free since January/02/2007)
tonyboloni

Return to Cycling Forum