Constant hunger, no weight gain

If cycling of any kind, from leisure to endurance, is your passion, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Constant hunger, no weight gain

Postby Herbsman » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:47 pm

I'm not trying to gain weight or get bigger, I'm just a bit worried because I'm always hungry. Even when my belly's full. I just eat and eat and eat and stay the same size and shape. I train a lot nowadays but it just doesn't feel right that I'm this hungry all the time. Is it possible that I have worms?
Herbsman

Re: Constant hunger, no weight gain

Postby baldy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:50 am

[quote="Herbsman"]I'm not trying to gain weight or get bigger, I'm just a bit worried because I'm always hungry. Even when my belly's full. I just eat and eat and eat and stay the same size and shape. I train a lot nowadays but it just doesn't feel right that I'm this hungry all the time. Is it possible that I have worms?

I dunno, maybe you just need to eat more?
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby Herbsman » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:39 am

:o
Herbsman

Postby flatbushvegan » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:44 am

How many calories are you eating? I think it would be helpful if you had more of an objective sense of the amount of energy you're actually consuming--you might be surprised. Some of us tend to under-eat.
flatbushvegan

Postby Clem Snide » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:03 pm

You have worms.
Clem Snide

Postby the crazyest vegan » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:21 pm

It's got to be the right kind of food remember, toast for breaky, chips for tea and pie for dinner will fill you stomach to the point of feeling sick but it's wont sate your bodys hunger for nutrients.
I get incredable cravings for salad, sprouting seeds and fruit, my mouth will start watering at the prospect! so maybe up the level of greens in your diet and see if that helps? wont do any harm to check your stool's for worms as well. Dont want to sit down and a leg snap of now eh! OH SNAP I DID A (not) FUNNY!
Let's plunge ourselves into the roar of time, the whirl of accident, may pain and pleasure, success and failure, shift as they will - for it is only action that can make a man.
the crazyest vegan

Postby Herbsman » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:17 pm

i checked my poo thoroughly, no worms. i do eat plenty of veg, maybe i need more protein? i tend to stay full after eating high protein meals (e.g. lots of chickpeas/beans etc)
Herbsman

Postby Johnstuff » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:03 pm

I've been feeling like this the last 3 days, think I might have a bit of a bug. Mild stomache ache that feels like hunger.
Today I've eaten toast n musli for breakfast, crisps n nak'd bar for morning tea break, big tub of veggies n flapjack for lunch...still hungery!

I eat too much (crisps, cakes etc.) and have been trying to eat less, it was going ok till a few days ago.

Can humans get really worms? is it common?
"these songs of guidance never stop the violence, we need strong defiance"
Johnstuff

Postby Clem Snide » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:33 pm

They sure can get worms, it's extremely common. Check your poo, and if you've already checked it check it again. Now!
Clem Snide

Postby fitnessnoob » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:00 pm

If you are hungry, that means that you have to eat more and do not be afraid, you will not gain your weight. You should eat healthy food. And as you train a lot, you eat a lot. It is normal!
fitnessnoob

Postby xrodolfox » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:16 pm

I've always eaten a lot. My in-laws think I have worms. But that's because they eat very little, and get really fat.

But that's due to metabolism. They've got no tone, and done do any exercise, and thus, burn few calories while at rest.

I am just about always hungry. I count it as a blessing rather than a curse.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby vegcrow » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:42 am

Agreed with the consensus, watch what you eat and what comes out of ya' and see what you get. It's tedious, but if you can keep a food journal for a week or two and note your hunger levels it'll really help you understand what's going on.
vegcrow

Postby Herbsman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:39 am

I think its because Ive increased the amount and intensity of cycling that I do... Ive gone back to normal now
Herbsman

Postby Herbsman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:48 am

what im saying is, this happened before, in 2006 when i increased my cycling frequency/intensity
Herbsman

Postby vegcrow » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:47 pm

Glad to hear it! If you're ever in the USA come by and I'll treat you too a good meal.
vegcrow

Next

Return to Cycling Forum