Vegan Cyclists jerseys, the second order.

If cycling of any kind, from leisure to endurance, is your passion, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Vegan Cyclists jerseys, the second order.

Postby Big Good Wolf » Tue May 18, 2010 7:57 pm

There seems to be enough interest to make up a second order, so it's about time I got things moving.
A couple of changes from last time.
I used ordinary 2nd class post last time. Thinking about it, everything I buy mail order has to be signed for. Maybe we were just lucky last time that nothing got lost in the post, but I think next time I will use some sort of recorded delivery, to avoid the risk. A quick look on Royal Mail's website and it looks like recorded/signed for delivery adds about 70p within the UK or about £4 to Australia.
UK VAT has gone up from 15% to 17.5%.

All you need to do is pick something from the Endura catalogue, http://www.endura.co.uk/Dept.aspx?dept_id=207 then post here with the item number and size.
There's a minimum order of 15 items and a 10% discount if we spend over £750, same as last time.
I'll try to workout some exact total prices in advance this time.
Worcestershire's fastest veteran vegan mountain bike endurance racer with a beard.
Angry Middle Aged Man
Big Good Wolf

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

Re: Vegan Cyclists jerseys, the second order.

Postby Gastroplodder » Fri May 21, 2010 10:44 am

Hey Mr Wolf,

I'd like to order a Lightweight Windtex Jacket item number 4067 size small mens £49+

(I would also like a pair of Lycra Armwarmers 4020 if enough people want them to make up the minimum order of 5.)

Thanks for getting this together :)

Nik
Probably the fastest vegan elf at Abingdon parkrun

http://gastroplodder.vegebear.com/blog
Gastroplodder

Postby benzilla » Sun May 23, 2010 11:19 pm

I'll definately get a jersey and some knicks, I'll need to look through the catalogue when I'm at home.

Thanks!
benzilla

Postby benzilla » Mon May 24, 2010 11:59 am

4005 - Full zip jersey. Medium
4013 - shorts. Large

Thanks for organizing BGW!
benzilla

Postby Julle » Mon May 24, 2010 3:46 pm

:D
4065C Pro Road Jersey (concealed zip) £61.00 Small
4013 8 Panel Lycra Short £36.00 Small
tot £97 +shipment to Italy
Thanks BGW! Please, PM me your IBAN for the money transfer.
Julle

Postby Julle » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:50 am

Hey BGW is there not enough people for the order?
Julle

Postby audi666 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:59 pm

Is ordering from the US alright? If so what kind of shipping charges would take place?

http://hellopa.blogspot.com
audi666

Postby Herbsman » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:37 pm

What's the design look like? No offence but the font & design on the last one was a bit uninspiring. I'm no design expert but I could knock something good-looking up in Illustrator or Photoshop when I have time. Something involving leaves perhaps.
Herbsman

Postby fredrikw » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:45 pm

I think the whole point of it was the simplicity and clarity. Nothing wrong with adding more design elements of course, but there's no need to criticize a good initiative. There's plenty of room for several jerseys :)
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby Herbsman » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:15 pm

I like the idea of simplicity and clarity. But there are a lot of ways of making a simple & clear logo look attractive; something catchy that stays in the memory. I don't mean to come across as if I am attacking anyone or putting anyone down. Just putting forward a request for better design - then I might spend the cash on one.
Herbsman

Postby Big Good Wolf » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:10 am

I've been waiting for enough people to reply to this thread to make up the minimum order of 15 items, when I suppose I should have been chasing those who expressed an interest on the other thread who have't come back with a definite order.
I've also been waiting for something to happen about the "Coming soon" announcement on Impsport's website.
It would be another £40 for the artwork at Impsport, but once it's done anyone can order single items directly from them.

As a rough guide to the price difference (all prices plus VAT @ 17.5%);

Endura;
Standard short sleeve jersey, £36
Standard shorts, £36
Minimum order, 15 items.
10% discount over £750
Free postage (all to one address)

Impsort;
Standard short sleeve jersey, £32.77
Standard shorts, £40.85
No minimum order
Variable discount, starting at 6 items.
Postage, £5 UK, £10 EU, £15 everywhere else

It's not clear on that Impsport price list, but the volume discount can be made up from a mixture of items.

It would be easier for me if we went for Impsport. All I've got to do is send them my jersey and shorts as a pattern along with £40, they then create a club shop on their site so anyone can order direct from them.
I'm not sure if they can do multiple delivery addresses on volume orders. If not, and we can get an order together for 6 or more items to get the discount, we can have it all sent to me in one parcel so I can forward it on individually.

Herbsman, as I said on the original thread, it's a direct copy of the Vegan Runners vest which has been around for years and is well known and easily recognised.
I've ridden in mountain bike events with up to 2500 entrants and it's just a jumble of multi coloured swirling patterns and logos.
Two bold colours in big blocks and a simple two word logo in clear text really does stand out.
With no minimum order and £40 artwork fee at Impsport, anyone can come up with a design and get it printed if they want something different.
Worcestershire's fastest veteran vegan mountain bike endurance racer with a beard.
Angry Middle Aged Man
Big Good Wolf

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

Postby Herbsman » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:04 pm

Fair enough...
Herbsman

Postby xrodolfox » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:37 am

Keep me abreast of the numbers. My b-day is coming up, and I'm due some $$$ and I would love to get a jersey... but I gotta wait.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby philthy builder » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:05 pm

I like the design and colour of the jersey but cant afford another yet as I need to buy some club kit.

The Impsport prices are good and I would buy from them if you decide to order from there.
philthy builder

Postby sidvrun » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:13 pm

Require 4002. Cycling Road Jersey, Long Sleeve, Short Zip, Size Medium, (green/black/with white lettering)£37:00. Regards Sidney DeLara (vegan runner).
sidvrun

Next

Return to Cycling Forum