A bit of a rant......

If cycling of any kind, from leisure to endurance, is your passion, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: A bit of a rant......

Postby virago » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:13 pm

[quote="the crazyest vegan"]nobody in my club feels like that Helmut, we just like to help a lady in distress :P
but some wimen do need the help! we had one woman at a club time trial who stood by the side of the road for 6 minuites because her chain came off and she didnt know how to put it back on lmfao! someone in her club eventually stopped and helped her but even so that level of incompetence is something special :P
but then again you can get guys exzactly the same, one guy in my club took 14 minutes to change a puncture!!! mad stuff haha

Everyone's got to start somewhere. I love cycling but am very very inexperienced, and being laughed at by hardened bikers at how slow I am at climbing a hill/fixing the chain etc. is just going to put me off forever. Don't be so patronising.
My vegan Etsy shop

[quote="Vegiburger"]The good news is no one has ever died of a really bad case of cellulite.

[quote="Clem Snide"]If you can't grow a real one, harnessing your inner beard is sufficient.
virago

Postby BlueRose » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:23 pm

[quote="virago"][quote="the crazyest vegan"]nobody in my club feels like that Helmut, we just like to help a lady in distress :P
but some wimen do need the help! we had one woman at a club time trial who stood by the side of the road for 6 minuites because her chain came off and she didnt know how to put it back on lmfao! someone in her club eventually stopped and helped her but even so that level of incompetence is something special :P
but then again you can get guys exzactly the same, one guy in my club took 14 minutes to change a puncture!!! mad stuff haha

Everyone's got to start somewhere. I love cycling but am very very inexperienced, and being laughed at by hardened bikers at how slow I am at climbing a hill/fixing the chain etc. is just going to put me off forever. Don't be so patronising.

Not to mention a HUGE -1 for sexism!fail. :roll:
rational romantic mystic cynical idealist.

Vegan Women's Bodybuilding & Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VeganWomenBodybuildingAndFitness/
Boston Vegan Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BostonVeganFitness/
BlueRose

Postby the crazyest vegan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:01 pm

didnt mean to be patronising...
Friend of mine took over 20 mins to fix a puncture and he's a man so i know its not really a sex thing, maybe i'm just a bit anal about these things but the first thing's i learned to do when i got my bike was how to change a tube and chain, personally i think such things should be given in a tutorial when you buy your bike at the bike shop.
Let's plunge ourselves into the roar of time, the whirl of accident, may pain and pleasure, success and failure, shift as they will - for it is only action that can make a man.
the crazyest vegan

Postby bob_summers » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:02 pm

[quote="the crazyest vegan"].... to change a tube and chain, personally i think such things should be given in a tutorial when you buy your bike at the bike shop.

nice idea, but those things are where they make their biggest margin!
"No se deja de pedalear cuando se envejece.
Se envejece cuando se deja de pedalear"
bob_summers

Postby BlueRose » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:08 pm

[quote="bob_summers"][quote="the crazyest vegan"].... to change a tube and chain, personally i think such things should be given in a tutorial when you buy your bike at the bike shop.

nice idea, but those things are where they make their biggest margin!

I'm a bike n00b myself, just got a hybrid last summer--and I sure as hell wasn't given that lesson, either! I rely on people who have been biking longer than me for advice and support, including forums such as this one. :)
rational romantic mystic cynical idealist.

Vegan Women's Bodybuilding & Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/VeganWomenBodybuildingAndFitness/
Boston Vegan Fitness on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BostonVeganFitness/
BlueRose

Previous

Return to Cycling Forum