Cycling Wattage Table

If cycling of any kind, from leisure to endurance, is your passion, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby fredrikw » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:21 pm

I agree with Josh, that's impressive wattage for 30 minutes. The swedish TT champion averaged just over 400W for 60 minutes though, so there's always room for improvement I guess ;)
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby Dave Noisy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:15 am

[quote="veganjosh"][quote="JohnBarleycorn"]30 minutes - 389 watts ! :lol:

Wow. I can probably only hold that for 90 seconds!

Monstrous! I've updated the table.

Yeah, 5mins would be my max...haha..

Table updated:

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key= ... eg99loC-Kg
Dave Noisy

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:16 am

[quote="fredrikw"]I agree with Josh, that's impressive wattage for 30 minutes. The swedish TT champion averaged just over 400W for 60 minutes though, so there's always room for improvement I guess ;)

Cheers ! :lol:

Big difference between 389 for 30 mins, and 400 for 60 mins !

Plus, I am STILL overweight, although I am down to 74kg, and he may be much more aero and slippery than me. My position is still losing me watts.

I believe its 480+ watts, for the Hour Record ?

Next year, I will be up to full power, I hope !
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
JohnBarleycorn

Postby Dave Noisy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:55 am

Heya, was just reading the Wattage Googlegroup, and Masters 3k champs hold 350-450w over 5mins, so you're well on your way!
Dave Noisy

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:44 pm

Excellent ! I seem to suit five minutes, or less, efforts. So thats hopeful ! Looking forward to it !

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
JohnBarleycorn

Postby veganjosh » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:03 am

5s power to 1200! Only a 3w gain, but it's a nice round number now!
veganjosh

Postby Dave Noisy » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:38 am

Sheeeiiit! You beat me! Nicely done! Table updated. Looks like you've got some work again tho:

I got a HUGE PB on todays group ride..30sec and also 1min. Would have been even higher (for 1min) except the sprint ended and so features coasting time..haha..

For 30sec went from 717w to 768w. And in the 1min, got it up another 5w, to 490w.

It was an *awesome* sprint... There was a guy ahead of me on the uphill portion, i was nervous because he was holding the distance for a few seconds...then i gritted my teeth (literally, i heard that grinding noise!) and just STOMPED the pedals...hit the flatter portion of the rise, and suddenly each pedal stroke i was gaining like 2 feet. Within a few seconds i flew by him (he exclaimed 'holy shit!') and i won the sprint by over a bike length.

The coolest thing was the feeling, the legs just POURED out the watts. Could have kept it going...very cool.
Dave Noisy

Postby veganjosh » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:58 am

Ok, back on top: absolutely destroyed most of my power numbers this weekend (update on this weekend will be posted in my training log soon-ish).

1s: 1350 (36w PR)
5s: 1240 (40w PR!)
30s: 787 (48w PR!)
1 min: 554 (22w PR)

CyclingPeaks now tells me I'm a Cat 2 in terms of 5 second power...maybe I should show USA Cycling my power file to get them to put my upgrade through :D
veganjosh

Postby Dave Noisy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:30 am

Holy crap man, that's awesome!!! You'll be hitting 1,500 in no time!!!

I think you'll be pulling away from me in this range much more so, nice having been there..hehehe

I nearly got more PB's in the ride on Saturday, but not quite...the sprint ended up being a bit shorter with people holding out until the last minute..hehe
Dave Noisy

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:41 am

[quote="veganjosh"]Ok, back on top: absolutely destroyed most of my power numbers this weekend (update on this weekend will be posted in my training log soon-ish).

1s: 1350 (36w PR)
5s: 1240 (40w PR!)
30s: 787 (48w PR!)
1 min: 554 (22w PR)

CyclingPeaks now tells me I'm a Cat 2 in terms of 5 second power...maybe I should show USA Cycling my power file to get them to put my upgrade through :D

Wow ! Impressive ! :lol:

JohnBarleycorn

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:12 pm

Anybody have any experience with any of the free PT software that is available? The only windows machine I have at home is an old laptop I loath to drag out, so I have been really slack on the downloads, but it has training peaks on it. At work I am on a linux machine, which has no serial port. :( But I do have access to a windows beast (if I have to), but I am feeling cheap today and don't feel like springing for another copy of training peaks just yet.

Also, if I can get a serial-USB connection, if such things exist (no idea), then I might use the linux box since that is my primary machine and I am too lazy to hit the button on the KDM switch.
Mr. Cleetus

Postby veganjosh » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:01 am

[quote="Mr. Cleetus"]Anybody have any experience with any of the free PT software that is available? The only windows machine I have at home is an old laptop I loath to drag out, so I have been really slack on the downloads, but it has training peaks on it. At work I am on a linux machine, which has no serial port. :( But I do have access to a windows beast (if I have to), but I am feeling cheap today and don't feel like springing for another copy of training peaks just yet.

Also, if I can get a serial-USB connection, if such things exist (no idea), then I might use the linux box since that is my primary machine and I am too lazy to hit the button on the KDM switch.

Nope. I'm a Mac and Linux user, and I bought a $20 mid-90s laptop off of craigslist for the sole purpose of using trainingpeaks. Serial-USB adaptors definitely exist, but they're a bit pricey (around $40, I think).
veganjosh

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:07 am

ja, it is looking like I may just have to spring for a new copy of training peaks. I do have an ancient copy of power-link at home, but it is a pig. The downloadable versions of Power Agent only work with usb cradles, and I am not sure if a usb adapter would work. I have no idea how useful golden cheetah is or if it also would work with a usb adaptor on my linux box.

...or I could just start using that old laptop. :cry:
Mr. Cleetus

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:40 am

I really hope these arent really my max numbers, but here are some from this mornings ride to fill in the bottom of the table for me, which I did not have all of before:

5s 799W AP
10s 790W
20s 630W
30s 492W
1min 374W
2min 366W
5min 340W

If I do drag out that old laptop I may have some real numbers - I downloaded these on my workmates machine. Good to have two powertaps in the office. :) no, no time wasting at all goes on... :shock:
Mr. Cleetus

Postby Dave Noisy » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:17 am

I actually use the PT software, it's not bad. Very little you can do with it, but it gives you the info. I'd really like to see TSS tho. I bet i'm frequently in the red. : \

Thanks for the wattage updates, got 'em all entered. Your previous 5min was higher, so i left it. ;)

Actually, your 5min is higher than your 1min, so that can't be your top!!

JBC - send us the lower end of your #'s as well! As a non-sprinter, we're expecting lower numbers, but it makes it clear what your focus is. =)
Dave Noisy

PreviousNext

Return to Cycling Forum