Cycling Wattage Table

If cycling of any kind, from leisure to endurance, is your passion, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:20 pm

Ok guys...check out this madness !

Did a two hour training ride today. Came back looking like I had just ridden Paris-Roubaix. But I am really flying now.......super strong and going like a train. Climbing brilliantly too.....especially as I am 75kg. I feel better than I did when I was in France, all those years ago.

Anyway...did a few really hard short sprints up some steep hills. When I got back and analysed the power files, I have set a new record for 1 second......

1453 WATTS !

Several others were pretty close, but that was the best !

Vegan Power ! :lol:
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
JohnBarleycorn

Postby kallefs » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:19 pm

I did a lactate test a couple of days ago where i got a number for max resistance just when I couldn't go any further. Is there anyway I could compare my figures with your numbers? Don't really have enough knowledge on the subject yet.
kallefs

Postby the crazyest vegan » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:07 pm

JBC that is purty good!
the crazyest vegan

Postby veganjosh » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:16 pm

Damn, nice job! We've got to get you on the track...
veganjosh

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:22 pm

Cheers ! :lol:

Don't think I will ever be a track sprinter though !

But I am pretty pleased !

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
JohnBarleycorn

Postby fredrikw » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:12 am

[quote="kallefs"]I did a lactate test a couple of days ago where i got a number for max resistance just when I couldn't go any further. Is there anyway I could compare my figures with your numbers? Don't really have enough knowledge on the subject yet.

Not really, since I guess you did a ramp test. That max is not the same thing as the numbers they are comparing here. Did you do it at Aktivitus as well?
--- non-racers. the emptiness of those lives shocks me ---
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby kallefs » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:03 pm

[quote="fredrikw"]
Not really, since I guess you did a ramp test. That max is not the same thing as the numbers they are comparing here. Did you do it at Aktivitus as well?

Thought so. Yes, I did it at Aktivitus, so now I got numbers on how poorly trained I am :) but hopefully the program will do some good.
kallefs

Postby the crazyest vegan » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:34 pm

lol that's why i wont do a ramp test, cus i know i can improve a lot without one, so when i'm having trouble improving i'll do one to do more specific training
the crazyest vegan

Postby fredrikw » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:13 pm

[quote="the crazyest vegan"]lol that's why i wont do a ramp test, cus i know i can improve a lot without one, so when i'm having trouble improving i'll do one to do more specific training

A test is not something you do to train, but rather to test yourself, hence the name. It is not being done for traning purposes, but to measure stuff like VO2max, lactate threshold etc. So the improvement doesn't come from the test itself, but from the knowledge gained from it in order to find out what you should focus your training on. Saying you can gain without this knowledge is probably true, but knowing what to aim for is often better than guessing.

Or perhaps you meant something else? To be honest I'm not sure I really understand what it is you're trying to say... :?
fredrikw
Site Admin

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:49 pm

They don't call him the Crazyest Vegan for nothing ! :lol:

JohnBarleycorn

Postby Dave Noisy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:12 am

[quote="JohnBarleycorn"]1453 WATTS !

Nice! Table has been updated! (BGW's weight added too. ;)

Alright, you've raised the bar, i'm not likely to exceed that for months, so it's now up to you Josh. =)

Depending on your 10s and 30s values, you won't be a sprinter, but perhaps a solid Points or Madison racer. Scratch for sure, with your Pursuiting power!!
Dave Noisy

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:33 am

I'll have a go at the 10s and 30s power at some point before the end of the year !

Weather here is high winds, torrential rain, and lots of flooding, so maybe a boat will be more useful !

JohnBarleycorn

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:39 pm

Why don't you try and see if you can hook your PT up to one of these :?:

Mr. Cleetus

Postby ultra_whippet » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:22 pm

A couple of figures from me:

30 sec: 460W
1 min: 358W

Weight: 67kg
Software: Kettler Ergo Konzept II
ultra_whippet

Postby fredrikw » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:32 pm

Just out of curiosity for all of you number posting people: how and how often do you calibrate your power meters? I guess there's no such thing as a stable measuring technique that doesn't need recalibration after some time. Did your power meter come calibrated?
fredrikw
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Cycling Forum