Supplements Taken By You Guys?

If cycling of any kind, from leisure to endurance, is your passion, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby clintpatty » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:40 am

No see you would've never gotten HIV if you were living a vital raw organic lifestyle. The positive mental attitude keeps the virus away.
clintpatty

Postby Lucky Ox » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:21 am

bruncle wrote:Positive thinking has absolutely no effect on cancer.

Actually, if memory serves, there've been loads of clinical trials which "proved" the efficacy of positive thinking on disease to some degree.

Alas, I am too lazy to find even one of them for you. How's that for some positivity?
Lucky Ox

Postby veganjosh » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:13 am

LMM wrote:
JohnBarleycorn wrote:Agreed !

Can't argue with that !

Can't argue with what?

Are you agreeing with Ha's comments? So anti-cancer drugs are bad for cancer but ok for performance enhancement?

I'd be very interested to see your response to my comments...

Just wanted to make sure that this is clear, as it might not be: Dave and JBC are completely joking about taking performance enhancing drugs. Since it's a thread on supplements, they're just making light of what other "supplements" are out there. It sounds from your comments like you thought JBC was actually advocating taking anti-cancer drugs for cycling, which isn't the case.
veganjosh

Postby Dave Noisy » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:41 am

veganjosh wrote:Just wanted to make sure that this is clear, as it might not be: Dave and JBC are completely joking about taking performance enhancing drugs. Since it's a thread on supplements, they're just making light of what other "supplements" are out there. It sounds from your comments like you thought JBC was actually advocating taking anti-cancer drugs for cycling, which isn't the case.

Correct.
Dave Noisy

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:54 am

Personally, I won't take anything at all. Not even asprin.

But joking about steroids is what makes us such fun ! :lol: :shock:
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
JohnBarleycorn

Postby ha » Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:07 am

dude do some reading on quantam physics. do some googling on health and attitude.

or just go and watch that doco 'what the bleep do we know'...

as for aids..google up 'aids hoax and foo fighters'

aids is just relabeling of diseases they cured via vaccines but are still around. its a good way to offload drugs out of date or ones that are banned back home. good way for big pharma to get 'we is nice' points for their brainwashing marketing back home.

aint nothing more than wiping out anyone that aint white..and or straight.
raw vegan banana case that has cycled over 190 000km cycled as a vegan.

y - youtube.com/durianriders
f - facebook.com/durianrider
t - twitter.com/durianryder
b - durianrider.org
w - 30bananasaday.com

Drink up, carb up, sleep up... cos everyday is the day to live it up!
ha

Postby LMM » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:13 am

veganjosh wrote:
LMM wrote:

Can't argue with that !

Can't argue with what?

Are you agreeing with Ha's comments? So anti-cancer drugs are bad for cancer but ok for performance enhancement?

Just wanted to make sure that this is clear, as it might not be: Dave and JBC are completely joking about taking performance enhancing drugs. Since it's a thread on supplements, they're just making light of what other "supplements" are out there. It sounds from your comments like you thought JBC was actually advocating taking anti-cancer drugs for cycling, which isn't the case.

You're right, I didn't see the joke. Maybe they took away my s o h with my tumours, thanks for clarifying.

I did do a search before posting, and found another post by JBC in another thread apparently advocating Arimidex; it seemed cause for concern to me. Ah well.
LMM

Postby LMM » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:42 am

Lucky Ox wrote:
bruncle wrote:Positive thinking has absolutely no effect on cancer.

Actually, if memory serves, there've been loads of clinical trials which "proved" the efficacy of positive thinking on disease to some degree.

Alas, I am too lazy to find even one of them for you. How's that for some positivity?

Bruncle is right; positive thinking has no effect on cancer - not in preventing it, treating it, curing it or in any way affecting its progress.

I've never read or heard of a clinical trial 'proving' the efficacy of positive thinking on disease, though I've seen and heard many people claim that 'studies show' this is the case without being able to cite a single study when challenged.

These links provide some evidence to the contrary. The first is a report of a Dutch study of 9,700 women over 13 years. The study found that the development of breast cancer had no link with personality - no link with anxiety, anger, depression or optimism:

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/ ... ekey=86769

This research is a prospective study, ie at the start of the study no one had breast cancer and the women were followed for 13 years. Many studies of this kind are retrospective (asking people after they have had cancer if they were stressed, anxious etc - not reliable at all).

This next link is to a report in the British Medical Journal which pretty much explodes the theory that a 'fighting spirit' is associated with longer survival from cancer or that 'hopelessness and helplessness' means poorer outcomes. The researchers analysed existing studies from1979 onwards; their conclusion is:

'There is little consistent evidence that psychological coping styles play an important part in survival from or recurrence of cancer. People with cancer should not feel pressured into adopting particular coping styles to improve survival or reduce the risk of recurrence.'

http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/325/7372/1066

Urging a seriously ill person to be, stay or think positive can be counter productive in the extreme; it can make the person feel guilty and therefore worse because they just CAN'T feel as positive as everyone is urging them to be. That was certainly my experience.
LMM

Postby Gelert » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:45 am

ha wrote:aids is just relabeling of diseases they cured via vaccines but are still around. its a good way to offload drugs out of date or ones that are banned back home. good way for big pharma to get 'we is nice' points for their brainwashing marketing back home.

aint nothing more than wiping out anyone that aint white..and or straight.

Oh get a grip ha for fuck's sake and just for once try to engage with reality and facts.
Gelert

Postby ha » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:40 pm

1.ridiculed.
2.violently opposed
3.accepted as self evident..

you's know what im talking about..
raw vegan banana case that has cycled over 190 000km cycled as a vegan.

y - youtube.com/durianriders
f - facebook.com/durianrider
t - twitter.com/durianryder
b - durianrider.org
w - 30bananasaday.com

Drink up, carb up, sleep up... cos everyday is the day to live it up!
ha

Postby SpugFab » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:51 pm

Also common:

1. ridiculed
2. forgotten
SpugFab

Postby Gelert » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:55 pm

Or, in this case

1. ridiculed
2. er,
3. that's it?
Gelert

Postby Man On Bike. » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:15 pm

Is there an 'ignore user' function on this forum? You can do it with vbulletin forums - visit a certain member's profile, click 'ignore' and from then on their posts don't show up for you.
Man On Bike.

Postby Mr. Cleetus » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:29 pm

LMM wrote:These links provide some evidence to the contrary. The first is a report of a Dutch study of 9,700 women over 13 years. The study found that the development of breast cancer had no link with personality - no link with anxiety, anger, depression or optimism:

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/ ... ekey=86769

thanks for that!
Mr. Cleetus

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:02 pm

LMM wrote:
veganjosh wrote:
LMM wrote:

Can't argue with that !

Can't argue with what?

You're right, I didn't see the joke. Maybe they took away my s o h with my tumours, thanks for clarifying.

I did do a search before posting, and found another post by JBC in another thread apparently advocating Arimidex; it seemed cause for concern to me. Ah well.

Guess I had just better comment on this.......

I have never advocated taking Arimidex in anyway, shape or form. Ever. All I have done is report on what is the normal protocol for athletes in europe, taking performance enhancing drugs. I can talk about people eating meat, but it doesn't mean I eat it myself, or recommend it to others. I have never taken drugs myself, but it doesn't mean I don't know what goes on !

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread.....

Back to everyone having a go at Ha........
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
JohnBarleycorn

PreviousNext

Return to Cycling Forum