European biking meetup 2

If cycling of any kind, from leisure to endurance, is your passion, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby benzilla » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:54 am

I'm intending to come along at the moment but I'm trying to get out of on-call for work over the weekend. Please let me know if there are still places available and i'll do my best to be there.
benzilla

Postby StevieP » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:04 am

I've pm'ed you some details.
StevieP

Postby StevieP » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:24 am

Looks like the weather will be OK for the weekend - cool, dry and very little wind.

Food wise - can we bring and share on breakfast stuff, we have base cereals but bringing along some fruit, bread, juices etc would be great.

You need to consider what you want for your packed lunch(es), again bring something and we'll share ingredients.

There's a small a Budgens supermarket 5mins walk from us (
http://www.yell.com/listings/DoFindList ... permarkets) which sells most things

and a Waitrose (http://opening-times.co.uk/services/waitrose-caversham) about 12min walk.

Bring a sleeping bag and then we are sure to have sufficient bedding.
StevieP

Postby benzilla » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:57 pm

See you all tomorrow! Hope the weather is nice!
benzilla

Postby StevieP » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:08 pm

Looks like it will be OK most of the day - perhaps a few drops on the way home, but the forecast is changing all the time at the mo.

Just spent a few hundred repairing gears and new bottom bracket :-(.
StevieP

Postby AbFab » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:11 pm

Cool. Thanks again for sorting everything out. See you tomorrow. :-)
AbFab

Postby StevieP » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:27 pm

We might have lost ultra_whippet as he's hurt his back :( - you'll still see him in the evening though. :)

BTW - Any of you know Julies Farrah (a London vegan)? She's our kid sitter for the weekend. Famed for getting elected to the Vegan Society and resigning minutes later, but not alone.

We might also have a, DUM-DE-DUM-DARR!! a non-vegan with us. Ryan's a local cycling lad slowly improving his fitness and diet. A nice chap on his first steps to understanding the force.
StevieP

Postby seitan » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:45 pm

i hope all you guys have fun tomoro, and i hope there are some pics so i know what ill have missed!!!
seitan

Postby SpugFab » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:52 am

Hey guys

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend, I know I did (when going downhill) :D

Steve and Soph - thanks for the hospitality and organising. Loved the curry (and the cake, which I'm eating now). Was an honour to meet the kids too :D

How did the Sunday wet ride go? :wink:
SpugFab

Postby benzilla » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:04 am

Agreed with Chris, thanks heaps for the organising effort and inviting us all into your home. Hopefully things are back to normal now everyone has left! :)

The sunday ride was quite mental, there was tonnes of mud and we all got soaked, so it was a good day. Steve might have some good photos/video to document some of the muddy action! After I was all washed up, i had a look in the mirror, and i even had mud on my eyeball.

Anna and one of my housemates say thanks for the chocolate biscuit cake, he was surprised it was vegan, :roll: , (i guess i need to improve my cooking skills)
benzilla

Postby StevieP » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:16 am

Some photo's are being uploaded as I type.

Sunday was wet, very wet but, I think, the best ride because of it.

Thanks for all those that came, it was great to be non-virtual.

Fifi: it's OK, the carpet looks fine now, and we all have accidents once in a while. As much as we try we can't get the kids to refer to BFW as Graham rather than the man with Fifi - poor chap, relegated to the dogs sidekick.

I have a small bottle of shampoo and a dog bowl left. I assume they are Fifi's and Abi's - but which one is who's? If you drop me an address I can post them.

Images still loading ...
StevieP

Postby StevieP » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:45 am

They are here:

http://www.veganfitness.net/forum/viewt ... p?p=248266

On the gloomer side, this would had been the weekend we would had met aardvarkboy. We briefly rode the road where he died.
StevieP

Postby AbFab » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:10 pm

Thanks to Stevie and Sophie - you guys are great - and a ringing endorsement for beautiful vegan kids. Bless.

Thanks again for setting it all up, we had a blast (though my legs really hurt!).

I'm not overly fussed if you bin the showergel/shampoo - it was a sample-size freebie they gave away at my gym - I doubt it's worth the postage, but thanks.

See you again.

Abi x
AbFab

Postby Sophie » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:17 pm

I loved having you all here and now feel part of Vegan Fitness, as this event was my first.

We'll do it again some day. Cooking for other vegans is a treat. The kids especially keen to have FiFi and Abi back, it has to be said! They are suckers for big beautiful eyes paying them attention. Next time bring your cozzies so we can go to Coral Reef to relax after a big ride.

The riding was great with all of you on Saturday, and the hardened ones yesterday - I love the rain and long splashing puddles, and even streams down some of the bridleways. We had sunshine at lunchtime too.

Chris, I promise I'll change my avatar soon to look more like the real me! And we should draw a beard on yours...
Sophie

Postby AbFab » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:26 pm

[quote="Sophie"]I loved having you all here and now feel part of Vegan Fitness, as this event was my first.

We'll do it again some day. Cooking for other vegans is a treat. The kids especially keen to have FiFi and Abi back, it has to be said! They are suckers for big beautiful eyes paying them attention. Next time bring your cozzies so we can go to Coral Reef to relax after a big ride.

The riding was great with all of you on Saturday, and the hardened ones yesterday - I love the rain and long splashing puddles, and even streams down some of the bridleways. We had sunshine at lunchtime too.

Chris, I promise I'll change my avatar soon to look more like the real me! And we should draw a beard on yours...
Ooh, I have big beautiful eyes? ;-) Oh. You didn't mean me!!! :-)

I'm up for the Coral Reef trip! :-)

Sophie cooks like a dream, everyone! If they offer to host another one, you should all jump at the chance!

Sophie, hope you start posting more on here.
AbFab

PreviousNext

Return to Cycling Forum