Olympic cycling

If cycling of any kind, from leisure to endurance, is your passion, this is the forum for you.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Re: Olympic cycling

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:13 am

Lets hope thats right. No official news, so maybe he is waiting to see how it feels.
I eat to nourish my compassion, not my greed

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
JohnBarleycorn

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:21 am

'Good' news for Cancellara according to RSNT - "shoulder contusion" and muscular haemorrhage. No breaks or fractures!

I'm the man they couldn't kill ! I cannot be destroyed with conventional weapons !

And probably the former fastest British Vegan 10, 25 and 50 mile TT rider. Probably.
JohnBarleycorn

Postby Lordmuppet » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:23 am

man the tactics are confusing :(
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:22 pm

Which tactics ?

JohnBarleycorn

Postby baldy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:13 am

JohnBarleycorn wrote:Which tactics ?

And a fair level of moaning about the German team not helping the GB team.
Was good race though, would have been boring if team GB dominated it the way they wanted.
"A wise man once said, "It's easier to buy smaller clothes, than to put on 5kg." ... Buzz
baldy
Site Admin

Postby re » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:15 am

Just spotted this in the Guardian. Not vegan yet though ;-)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/29/london-2012-lizzie-armitstead-silver

Early on the track was Armitstead's chosen arena – she was prompted to put her cycling ahead of her studies after taking a silver medal in the scratch at the 2005 world junior championships – and it has given her a supple pedalling style in addition to an innate tactical sense. She is also that rare beast, a vegetarian cyclist, having given up meat as early as 10 due to a dislike of "eating corpses", as she put it on Sunday.
re

Postby sergio » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:51 pm

TT today. Any bets?
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

Postby Alistar » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:29 pm

Wiggo should blitz this one. :) Be interesting b/t Froome, Martin and Cancellara if Fabian's in fighting form. LL Sanchez and Phinney in with a chance of a medal too. I'm sure Froome gave it all in the RR but when he was the 1st to pull off I couldn't help feel he was thinking ahead to the TT. Think I have to stop being so cynical!
Bit of a lottery for Silver and Bronze. Martin and Froome my guesses though.

Heartbreak in the womans TT. NZ out of the medals by less than 2 seconds over 29km's! Did a fantastic ride though and she should be proud. At least considering Armstrong is 38 she potentially has a couple more Olympics in her to give it another go for a medal :)
Alistar

Postby sergio » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:12 pm

You've nailed it ;)
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

Postby bob_summers » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Moving onto the boards, a slightly hypnotic vid of the NZ TP guys training. (you might wanna lower the volume though :wink: )

"No se deja de pedalear cuando se envejece.
Se envejece cuando se deja de pedalear"
bob_summers

Postby JohnBarleycorn » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:14 am

3.51 team pursuit gold medal ride !

Jeeez !

JohnBarleycorn

Postby wannalift » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:07 am

For anyone else who is sick of NBC coverage, I highly recommend a proxy server: http://www.cloudbulletin.com/news/us-sports-fans-using-proxy-servers-to-watch-olympics-on-bbc. Completely turned around my lousy Olympics experience so far. American coverage is so horrible, you Euro's have no idea.
Are you doing enough to be the best?
wannalift

Postby xrodolfox » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:45 am

The proxy doesn't seem to work for me.
"The worker has the right to leave his boss, but can she do it? And if she does quit him, is it in order to lead a free life; where she will have no master but herself? No, she leaves to sell herself to another employer. She's driven by the same hunger. Thus the worker's liberty is only a theoretical freedom, lacking any means of realization; an utter falsehood."
-Bakunin
xrodolfox
Site Admin

Postby ninearms » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:59 am

http://www.expatshield.com/

Lots of people using this one.
“Begin at the beginning,” the King said gravely, “and go on till you come to the end. Then stop.”
ninearms
Perked Member

Postby wannalift » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:33 pm

xrodolfox wrote:The proxy doesn't seem to work for me.

It has worked perfectly for me and has absolutely been a dream come true. I bought a one month pass from http://www.hidemyass.com/ (name seemed clever enough) for $10 and I can pick from several UK addresses. I know there are free ones out there, but I wanted a reliable one with a strong connection that was iron-clad. After you get the address, go straight to http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/schedule-results/20120805 so you can pick which event you want to see (live or recorded) with no spoilers. Just scroll down fast when you first click on it as there are some possible spoilers at the top, but they are very easy to ignore.
Are you doing enough to be the best?
wannalift

PreviousNext

Return to Cycling Forum