tibialis anterior

Home of strength: powerlifting, olympic lifting, grip strength, strongman, odd object lifting, explosive power...

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

tibialis anterior

Postby britkath » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:03 pm

Does anyone have a good exercise for the tibialis anterior muscle. see: www.cse.ucsc.edu/~wilhelm...legs.m.gif
I do not have access to any weight systems, I normally use body weight and strandpulling exercises.
britkath

Postby bronco » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:08 pm

Here are some:
http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/CalfWt.html#anchor1929502
haven't tried them though, never felt any need. Do you have some trouble in this area or why do you want ot train these muscles?
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby ultra_whippet » Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:09 pm

You could just stand with your back to a wall, feet about 30cm from the wall and then lift your toes as far off the ground as you can, and repeat.
If you have any resistance bands you could hook one end round your toes whilst sitting down with your legs out straight in front of you, the other end around something solid and then pull your toes in towards you...
ultra_whippet

Postby britkath » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:33 pm

thanks, I'll trt it
britkath

Postby willpeavy » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:53 pm

Good link Bronco.

I've never tried specifically working those muscles. I think I'm going to try out some reverse calf presses next time I do my normal calf presses
willpeavy

Postby GenTDuke » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:52 pm

Its probably not such a good idea to develop these muscles to much as the Tibialis Anterior is stored within a bag of sorts; there is a limited amount of space for it to function.

Pro football players have problems with this muscle all the time, as they are so well developed; they end up falling over in pain during a match. They have to have an operation to remove the bag which contricts the muscle.

Tom
GenTDuke

Postby britkath » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:51 pm

Thanks for all the information everyone.

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/che ... -exercises
britkath

Return to Power and Strength