Contest and challenge for everyone!

Home of strength: powerlifting, olympic lifting, grip strength, strongman, odd object lifting, explosive power...

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby GenTDuke » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:16 pm

For those of you interested I have upped some new pics for the contest to the link below.

Comments would be appreciated in the before photos thread http://www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?t=2695
GenTDuke

Postby TriMe » Sun Feb 06, 2005 7:24 pm

Sorry I haven't gotten my hands on a digital yet, but I'll post my before pics up in a day or two. Posting them will make me see the contest to the end I think.
TriMe

Postby chubbyamazon » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:41 pm

Is it too late to post a before pic for the physique contest? Last week I had final exams, so I haven't had the time to breathe let alone get a hold of a digital camera to take a picture. If it's not too late, I should be able to post one within the next few days.
chubbyamazon

Postby VeganEssentials » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:22 am

Hello to everyone!

For anyone who hasn't had the chance to get the pics in yet, don't worry if you need a bit more time. I'm out for a few days at a convention (scouting for new vegan footwear in Vegas until Wednesday) so just send everything whenever you're able. Just checking in to say all is well, and send those pics over when you're set!

Ryan
http://www.veganessentials.com

And also...

http://www.vegancats.com

"You have become a fraction of the sum"
VeganEssentials

Postby tobias » Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:54 am

kool thing you got going here, may the best vegan win!

it's not for me tho'. i don't lift weights, i choke people and break arms so the day there is a vegan grappling competition i'll be the first to enter...
When people see us doing this, they think it's brutal - but they don't realize what it does to our spirit. / Helio Gracie
tobias

Postby i live in omaha » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:26 pm

[quote="tobias"]kool thing you got going here, may the best vegan win!

it's not for me tho'. i don't lift weights, i choke people and break arms so the day there is a vegan grappling competition i'll be the first to enter...

Hahaha, i used to do that.. but getting my arms hyperextended really interfered with my weight training. :)

grappling rules.
"No More just looking out for myself when the price paid is the life of something else.
No More, i won't participate." - Youth of Today
-- hello, my name is david --
i live in omaha

Postby Fudgam » Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:08 am

Im in the Physique contest. Hoping to add some mass.
Fudgam

Postby FormicaLinoleum » Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:38 pm

Oh, I wish I had seen this thread earlier! I woulda entered the physique contest. I'm embarking on serious cycling training for the first time & hoping to see some changes as a result. Maybe I'll just have my own personal contest.
FormicaLinoleum

just curious...

Postby jumpinglegacy » Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:34 am

Just curious... how is everyone doing with their physique/strength transformations? We're one month in now, and I was just wanting to check up and see how people are doing!

I'm doing pretty good... I've really stepped up my exercise and have cut down on the candy... I've lost some weight, and am feeling pretty good about it.

How's everyone else?
jumpinglegacy

Postby tylerm » Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:15 am

working hard. I have been feeling stronger all around, don't notice a difference in size, aside from my belly I just started to grow :D I need to eat alot, but I think I am going a bit overboard, though I do eat real health-conscious, no sugary stuff or anything that is empty calories. My brother said he sees I difference, told me I am starting to pack on some muscle, so that is good.
tylerm

Postby Fruitbat » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:28 am

I am working very hard on building definition in my arms... the exciement of little muscles appearing you wouldnt believe!!!! I am lucky cos my training partner is in a bulking protein creatin phase at the moment so the workouts are quite intensive and therefore I hope I wil progress too!! I am def getting stronger still.
Fruitbat

Postby V VII Hero » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:39 pm

how's everyone doing in this contest? is it still ongoing?
From Texas to Alaska, exploring the world.
V VII Hero

Postby VeganEssentials » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:52 pm

I was actually just about to check in and see how things are going for the contest - it has just about a month left, so hopefully things are going well for everyone!

When we get down to that last few days, make sure everyone posts their new totals or has their pictures ready so that we can get everything set for the winners. Good luck again to everyone, and keep lifting hard!

Ryan
http://www.veganessentials.com

And also...

http://www.vegancats.com

"You have become a fraction of the sum"
VeganEssentials

Postby sensless » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:41 pm

So now that the VF week has been completed, are the new numbers being sent in and the new photo's being sent in to determine winners? I've been anxiously awaiting the outcome of this 5 month competition!

Regards,

Sensless
poop.
sensless

Postby Fruitbat » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:47 pm

Can we have a few days to recover before taking pictures for the end of the contest because I am seriously needing some time :lol:
Fruitbat

PreviousNext

Return to Power and Strength