Gyms in Madrid?

Home of strength: powerlifting, olympic lifting, grip strength, strongman, odd object lifting, explosive power...

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Gyms in Madrid?

Postby Anton » Wed May 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Hey peeps,

So, I have relocated to Madrid for the next few months, and I was wondering whether anyone knew of any vaguely decent gyms that maybe aren´t typical globo gym type places. Obviously, a Spanish version of JPs Berlin Strength would be ideal...but I will settle for somewhere with a squat rack to be honest!! Any input greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks,

Anton
Anton

Re: Gyms in Madrid?

Postby sergio » Fri May 16, 2014 10:18 am

Hola Anton, I found a related thread in a spanish forum and some of the gyms mentioned:Gimnasio Crom (M: Ascao) Bodidharma (M: Acacias/Embajadores) Urban Fitness (M: San Bernardo) Gimnasio Arteria (Las Rozas) Gimnasio Chamberi (M: Bilbao/Quevedo)

But don't expect too much, most of them are typical with maybe a suitable rack and decent bars. There was this super classic powerlifting/strongman gym but it closed a couple of years ago (it seem some of the owners went to Crossfit Retiro, which is also mentioned at the thread)

I can't help, I've lived in Madrid but I wasn't training back then. Hope you enjoy your stay and found a decent place. I'll open a thread in the spanish subforum just in case some of the tumbleweeds living there had an idea.
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

Re: Gyms in Madrid?

Postby Anton » Fri May 16, 2014 10:52 am

Hey thanks so much Sergio.

Yeah...it seems slightly limited for strength training here....I was even thinking of maybe taking up climbing or something as couldn't find anything suitable. But i will try out some of your suggestions.

Really appreciate your help.
Anton

Return to Power and Strength