[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
• View topic - Pictures of your training area

Pictures of your training area

Home of strength: powerlifting, olympic lifting, grip strength, strongman, odd object lifting, explosive power...

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: Pictures of your training area

Postby Mellos » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:42 am

[quote="JP"]
for my training area its a glute ham developer - so low on stock with strengthshop.de that i dont dare to take one for myself :D

Try inverse curls, if you do. They will kill you.
Current PBs:
210 kg SQ, 135 kg Bench, 260 kg DL

Long Term Goals:
@ 75 kg: SQ - 252,5 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 282,5 kg, DL - 307,5 kg, Total (w/o Wraps) - 710, Total (w/ Wraps) 712,5 kg
@ 82,5 kg: SQ - 275 kg, SQ w/ Wraps - 277,5 kg, Total (w/ and w/o Wraps) - 772,5 kg

Team Insanity - The Laws of Physics are Merely a Suggestion
Mellos

Postby JP » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:05 am

we started stocking reverse hyper machines so you dont have to get all that rich :D

but the small cupboard flat problem wont help...
JP
Site Admin

Postby jsa47 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:11 pm

My new toy. 185kg of bumpers. This bar is thinner than my other.

jsa47

Postby JP » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:56 pm

looking good! what company did you get those from?
JP
Site Admin

Postby jsa47 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:21 pm

Pendlay from mdusa.
jsa47

Postby kallefs » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Your home gym is soon better equipped than some professional gym :)
Dum di dum!
kallefs

Postby jsa47 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:52 pm

That's the plan. Now all I have to do is get strong enough to lift all of it. :)
jsa47

Postby Orkje » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:35 pm

http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.php/photo/448664/title/weightlifting/cat/500

Ta-daa! Yesterday my Texas Power Bar arrived from StrengthShop UK and today my plates arrived from SS Berlin! I'd like to give a big shout out to Joni and Buzz for the quick delivery and the fact that I received coloured plates instead of black ones for no extra charge! Vegan discount, yay!
In the picture you can spot the new bumper plates, two 25kg steel plates from SS and a few small steel plates from SS as well. The Texas Power Bar rests on an old second-hand kettler squat rack/bench (made in West Germany, so pre-1989!). It may not look like the most confidence-inspiring setup but it actually holds together pretty well. Located on the wooden bench to either side of the bumpers you see a ton of steel plates which I've used for the past two years and which I bought second-hand, together with the Kettler rack, for next to nothing. They've got 30mm holes so I can't use them with a true olympic bar but I'm sure I'll keep using them in combination with my 30mm dumbell handles. Oh, and the floor is protected by two SS floor mats. That's it!
Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back. - Henry Rollins
Orkje

Postby Koa » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:56 pm

[quote="Orkje"]http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.php/photo/448664/title/weightlifting/cat/500

Ta-daa! Yesterday my Texas Power Bar arrived from StrengthShop UK and today my plates arrived from SS Berlin! I'd like to give a big shout out to Joni and Buzz for the quick delivery and the fact that I received coloured plates instead of black ones for no extra charge! Vegan discount, yay!
In the picture you can spot the new bumper plates, two 25kg steel plates from SS and a few small steel plates from SS as well. The Texas Power Bar rests on an old second-hand kettler squat rack/bench (made in West Germany, so pre-1989!). It may not look like the most confidence-inspiring setup but it actually holds together pretty well. Located on the wooden bench to either side of the bumpers you see a ton of steel plates which I've used for the past two years and which I bought second-hand, together with the Kettler rack, for next to nothing. They've got 30mm holes so I can't use them with a true olympic bar but I'm sure I'll keep using them in combination with my 30mm dumbell handles. Oh, and the floor is protected by two SS floor mats. That's it!

I love my Texas Power Bar (also from SS UK)!

Do you ever check out the sales section on dutchbodybuilding.com. Lots of stuff always comes up in Belgium for sale.
Squat - 170kg
DL - 200kg
BP - 110kg
OHP - 75kg

"How can you run when you know" -Neil Young
Koa

Postby JP » Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:32 pm

nice to see your training area man! Looking very good :D

"Still your motherfucking set" written on the wall? Whats the story :D
JP
Site Admin

Postby Koa » Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:17 am

[quote="JP"]"Still your motherfucking set" written on the wall? Whats the story :D

CT Fletcher:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5xXsdWRaFw[/youtube]
Squat - 170kg
DL - 200kg
BP - 110kg
OHP - 75kg

"How can you run when you know" -Neil Young
Koa

Postby Orkje » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:57 am

Ha ha! Well noticed! It's a CT Fletcher reference indeed, I just love watching his videos! My girlfriend suggested we could cover the entire wall in quotations and whatnot :)
Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it's impossible to turn back. - Henry Rollins
Orkje

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:39 am

[quote="Orkje"]http://gallery.mtbr.com/showphoto.php/photo/448664/title/weightlifting/cat/500

nice to see you having a proper set up :) I remember the 180kg deadlift where half of it was held on with duct tape ;)
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Postby Orkje » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:56 am

[quote]I remember the 180kg deadlift where half of it was held on with duct tape

Dear me, that was quite something indeed! :D
Orkje

Postby Lordmuppet » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:19 pm

reorganised my set up so this is it now. taken few months back

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzpKxfQnM0Q[/youtube]
JS - They think it will open the door to folk like LordMuppet campaigning for a threeway?
Lordmuppet
Muppet Moderator

Previous

Return to Power and Strength