Vegan strength table 2005

Home of strength: powerlifting, olympic lifting, grip strength, strongman, odd object lifting, explosive power...

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby michaelhobson » Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:03 pm

That is A LOT of iron JP. Moves you in to the top 5 and only 10kg out from 500.

Very impressive lifting! :shock:

Nice to see you still at 101kg bodyweight too. I have been stuck for a while now at 105kg. Good to see strength gains aren't tied directly to the ability to gain bodyweight.

Keep up the great work.
michaelhobson

Postby tylerm » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:53 pm

Wow, great going JP! That is quite a gain considering you were already moving so much weight. Buzz had a huge gain as well, and start testing my 1 RM in just over a week, and hope to have huge gains as well!
tylerm

Postby willpeavy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:46 am

New personal record on deads.

Tonight I did 2 reps at 245 lbs, or 111 kg

Buzz, it looks like you jumped up a lot. Good work man. I'll have to work hard to keep up with you.
willpeavy

Postby JP » Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:37 am

tylerm wrote:Wow, great going JP! That is quite a gain considering you were already moving so much weight. Buzz had a huge gain as well, and start testing my 1 RM in just over a week, and hope to have huge gains as well!

yeah, good luck with that mate! Worth bearing in mind though that Buzz's gains are partly because he got squat racks in the middle of the routine so the squat numbers shot up. Also, for a relative beginner gains come quicker.

And my gains on dead can only be explained that i had it coming really, and i should have been pulling 200+ last year already, but because of my back injury i never pushed myself to do so.
JP
Site Admin

Postby Jonathan » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:54 am

nice work joni (you madman). i told you could do at least 200!!

did squatting last night. after several sprints for the tram, and in the middle of my routine, i did 92.5kg. tried 100 a couple of times. felt like i was so close-i could move it up a little but it just wouldnt move.

jonathan
Kathryn wrote:You're getting a hedge trimmer, I want a bubble machine. I need it for my job
Jonathan

Postby tylerm » Sun Feb 06, 2005 11:32 pm

Another 10 lb. PR today while benching. Did 165 lb. for two singles, solid reps after my bench routine. Attempted 175 lb. twice inbetween those singles, and needed light assistance each time. I will nail 175 lb. next week, and hopefully 180 lb. for my new 1 RM.

As you UKers might say, I am quite chuffed :D Though I would be much more so if I had gotten the 175 lb.
tylerm

Postby J » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:59 am

tylerm wrote:Another 10 lb. PR today while benching. Did 165 lb. for two singles, solid reps after my bench routine. Attempted 175 lb. twice inbetween those singles, and needed light assistance each time. I will nail 175 lb. next week, and hopefully 180 lb. for my new 1 RM.

As you UKers might say, I am quite chuffed :D Though I would be much more so if I had gotten the 175 lb.

BTW Tylerm, what this "after my bench routine" stuff? I've never heard of a bench routine that said it was OK to go ahead and max out whenever you wanted to outside of the routine. I don't know the routine though and I'm just curious. I thought most of these progams were designed to get you to peak for a 1rm at the end and if you max out at other times you've pretty much ruined the program?

Anyway congrats on the PR.
J

Postby tylerm » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:08 am

I started the routine for the bench off of a figure of 155 lb. max, though I really only could do a 145 max at the time. I found it to be pretty easy compared to the same routine for squat and deadlift, so I have increased the weights. Today after the designated sets I felt totally ready to go still, so I decided to do a few singles. I didn't kill myself trying to get them. I am taking it pretty easy with assistance work this week as my reps are heavy though short, I think I will be in top form for my 1 RM's next week. Plus, I just can't help but give myself a confidence boost once in a while and lift a little extra weight. I feel as though going for that extra rep or two gives me the confidence to go for higher weight next week when I am totally fresh, as well as any strength benefit a couple reps may or may not give me.
tylerm

Postby michaelhobson » Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:37 pm

Good work Tyler on the new PR. I love those days in the gym when you lift something heavy and realize you still have more in you. I can't pass that up no matter what program I may be trying to follow. It's just too much fun to see how far you can push it.
michaelhobson

Postby Jonathan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:09 pm

hey, speaking of benching, i did a 102.5kg (226lb) rep when i was training with joni, kathryn and rochelle on sunday. felt pretty easy actually, but 105 got stuck half way up. next time maybe :) seriously though, i had no intention of testing my max but joni is a bugger. nuff said!!

and kathryn and rochelle both got some pbs, but thats for them to say :)

jonathan
Kathryn wrote:You're getting a hedge trimmer, I want a bubble machine. I need it for my job
Jonathan

Postby Kathryn » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:13 pm

Had a training session with Jonathan, Rochelle and Joni yesterday. I seem to do much better when i've got other people there to motivate me :) and I got two new pbs! I benched 35kg, which was great as i seemed to be stuck at 32.5 and deadlifted 94kg. I tried 99kg but it wasnt budging. still, i cant wait until i hit 100! ( i'll be the one jumping round the flat then :D - our poor neighbours)
i've only ever done team sports until now so i've suprised myself with just how competitive i've been getting with myself!

kathryn
Kathryn

Postby Rochellita » Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:21 pm

Oak, can you update my deadlift to 89 kg, thank you!
Rochellita
Site Admin

Postby tylerm » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:53 pm

good job on the PR's everyone, Rochelle, that was a big jump on your deadlifts (as I am sure you already know) :)

I love lifting weights with others, so motivating.. you can't back down either, makes you really work for it. I lift with my brother sometimes, but it isn't as good as a few people competing
tylerm

Postby michaelhobson » Fri Feb 11, 2005 8:14 pm

400 Kilograms!!!

Set a new PR on the deadlift today. Added 10 pounds for 375. This stuff is starting to get heavy :D

Squat 315/142.9
Bench 200/90.7
Dead 375/170.1

Total 890/403.7

Next stop 900 pounds! Hope to put the extra 10 on the bench press.
michaelhobson

Postby Jonathan » Fri Feb 11, 2005 10:18 pm

sweet jesus man! well done!!

170kg is fookin nasty isnt it? ive only ever lifted it once, and 182.5 once-appart from my maxs ive never done reps over 150kg.
its really good that you are catching me on the deadlift and bench though-keeps me on my toes!! :P
as soon as i get my squat sorted i shall catch you!!

i cant remember whether this has been sorted or not but michael, are you coming to the vegan fitness week??

jonathan
Jonathan

PreviousNext

Return to Power and Strength