Vegan strength table 2005

Home of strength: powerlifting, olympic lifting, grip strength, strongman, odd object lifting, explosive power...

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Postby bronco » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:50 am

I benched 95 kg yesterday. So 20 kg improvement total in 2 days, I'm quite happy with that :) .
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby tylerm » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:17 pm

New 10 lb. deadlifting PR today. Decided to go for a single after my routine and pulled 325 lb. (147.7 kg).

That should bring my numbers up a little more to par for the contest at least. :D
tylerm

Postby Joe C » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:18 pm

JP wrote:Hi mate, any chance you could test your 1RM before 1st of feb? If thats for a triple, your and mine bench are probably around the same mark! Go for it mate!

Okay JP, got in there today, found a good spotter, and got another 15 pounds for my 1 rep max. That's all I got in the tank!

Oak, please update my bench number from 97.5 kg to 104.4 kg. Thanks! I was a little nervous, because I hadn't done any barbell benching for the last two months, while rehabbing my sorry shoulder. No pain today, so I think the rotator cuff work is paying off!

Gotta admit I don't like doing the bench press. But forced myself to start working on it last year when I read somewhere that George Bush could bench press 205 pounds. I thought well there's no way in hell I'm gonna let Chicken George lift more than me! Nothing helps motivation like making it personal... :twisted:

Joe
Joe C

Postby michaelhobson » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:33 pm

Joe C wrote:Gotta admit I don't like doing the bench press. But forced myself to start working on it last year when I read somewhere that George Bush could bench press 205 pounds. I thought well there's no way in hell I'm gonna let Chicken George lift more than me! Nothing helps motivation like making it personal... :twisted:
Joe

Oh No! Now I've got to get some more pounds on my bench press! That no good, beady eyed, ugly, double talking, inbred....

I guess I shouldn't be surprised he can bench 205 pounds, since he can spew 205 pounds of bullshit from his mouth in a matter of seconds.
michaelhobson

Postby tylerm » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:39 am

I should also update my bodyweight, I am steadily at 92 kg now, sometimes a couple pounds more..
tylerm

Postby bronco » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:53 am

Joe C wrote:Gotta admit I don't like doing the bench press. But forced myself to start working on it last year when I read somewhere that George Bush could bench press 205 pounds. I thought well there's no way in hell I'm gonna let Chicken George lift more than me! Nothing helps motivation like making it personal... :twisted:

Wow! This about George Bush was good news! It means that, since thursday night, I'm officially stronger than George W. This pleases me alot :D ! And congratualtions to Joe C for also beating him :D !
JP wrote:Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby Jonathan » Sat Jan 29, 2005 2:33 pm

for the competition i did a bench 1rm last night. i failed twice at 102.5 (both time getting it more than half way up-grrrrr!!!). i did a really good (bum on bench-really strict :) ) rep at 100kg which i took a video of. ill show it to joni next time i see him.

we are getting some serious lifts here now!! its awesome that there are so many people with such collosal strength.

oak, i weigh a little more now. i regularly weigh 96kg now, but i got a 97.2 last night after stuffing myself stupid all day!
my target is 100kg in 6weeks, then 104 by summer.

jonathan
Kathryn wrote:You're getting a hedge trimmer, I want a bubble machine. I need it for my job
Jonathan

Postby Rochellita » Sat Jan 29, 2005 3:46 pm

Oak you can add me to the strength table again, thank you kindly!

bodyweight 60k
squat 42.5k
bench 35k
deadlift 75k
Rochellita
Site Admin

Postby Jonathan » Sat Jan 29, 2005 4:25 pm

oak, could you please update kathryns deadlift to 90kg. she pulled it at mosside when we trained with joni and dave. craziness-she is getting some really bulky muscles on her lower back.

thankyou.

jonathan
Kathryn wrote:You're getting a hedge trimmer, I want a bubble machine. I need it for my job
Jonathan

Postby tylerm » Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:41 pm

Another pre-contest boost. Another 10 lb. PR on bench today. Did 155 lb. (70.45 kg) for a double after my bench routine today. :)
tylerm

Postby Dianski » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:44 pm

Made some improvements in the last month. Couldn't be happier

Dead 70.46
Bench 38.64
Dianski

Postby JO » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:37 pm

Finally. Here are the numbers:

weight 76.3 kg
bench 29.5 kg
squat 32.8 kg
deadlift 61.3 kg

Please add them to the table.

Thank you.

JO (female)
Kinetic-corporeal joy is known to ALL creatures.
JO

Postby michaelhobson » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:41 pm

Monday is deadlift day. I didn't really feel like doing deads and was thinking all morning of what I could do instead. Well, I didn't think of anything good, so did the deads and added 20 pounds to my PR :D

Monday -
Deadlift -
10x135 pounds
8x185
6x225
4x275
1x325
1x345 - old PR
1x355
1x365 - new PR (165.6kg)
michaelhobson

Pre-comp

Postby Oak » Tue Feb 01, 2005 11:45 am

It was nice this time to see improvements in all three lifts.
Don't often see imrovements in the squat :lol:

Last time i forgot to fill in both Kathryn and I's deadlifts scores, i had put the totals in correctly though.
MichaelHobson's deadlift has gone up again even when lifting without much entusiasm :lol: So close to the 400kg total! Just 7.6kg away!

Buzz has just finished a cycle, uped all his lifts and hit into the 300kg league. I've seen this guy bench and he's a solid lifter.

Great JoeC for lifting over 100kg on the bench, and Bronco for being just a shave off of it. Very impressive and gladly more than GW can do. I really have to start working on my bench :oops:

Quick a lot of action on the female table with Rochelle and Jo both adding their numbers and Dianski getting her lifts up again! 38.6kg in the bench is really good, Dianski.
Rochelle you aren't too far off of K's scores, she is just working on her squat form at the moment so should make some improvement in the next month.
I'm glad that Jo's decided to finally put up some scores. Fantastic strong lifts to work from.

Well done to those of you trying to put on some weight. Buzz, Jonathan and Tylerm have all become heavy :)

That was also great that Tylerm managed to input some 1RM before the veganessentials comp. Very honest. Been coming on in leaps and bounds.

Now i want to be inputing some new scores for JP. Where are they? :lol:
Oak :D
Oak

Me and my running buddy

Postby Oak » Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:08 pm

Just on tuesday i was speaking about how i was going to start my strength training soon to my running buddy.
He wanted a go of deadlifting so we decided to do it this very night.

He is very strong but i hoped that i'd have him in the deadlifts. Started off at 100kg.

So i did 160kg went up easy enough???
Did 165 - difficult but it went up!!!
170 did not go all the way up....but wait
Tried 170 again - it went up!!!!! :P Although getting it down without dropping it was the difficult part :lol:

The thing is too that the plates are small ones - i wonder if that makes it a bit more difficult?

Very chuffered,
Oak :D
Oak

PreviousNext

Return to Power and Strength