WSM 2011

Home of strength: powerlifting, olympic lifting, grip strength, strongman, odd object lifting, explosive power...

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

WSM 2011

Postby Konstantin » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:04 pm

I've missed a load of these events because it was on TV channels not available in my area. This years' qualifiers, heats and final were a welcome return, and it was brilliant to see Terry Hollands get 3rd.

Can someone explain the qualifying to me? I saw the UKs Strongest Man comp a few weeks before and I suspected it wasn't totally in line with the main events. But none of the cometitors ended up in WSM heats, not even the winner - and Shalaei, Hollands, MacKintosh, Felix and Frampton were not in it. Can someone explain how the two events fit together?
You can see my training log if you're really bored: [url]www.veganfitness.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16086&start=360[/url]
Konstantin

Re: WSM 2011

Postby JP » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:58 pm

Cheers for the background, similar to what I expected. It's a shame Britain's Strongest Man is no more because the old format of it providing access to WSM was accessible and added a lot to the comp. Still, might get to see a Giants Live or qualifier sometime.

And hey, its all available online on channel five web site, so you dont have to miss anything :)
...which is very welcome, I've missed it big time.

I agree, the money had to be on Shaw or Saviskas; the 2 Brits exceeded my expectations and I thought Poundstone would beat them both. Roll on next year, maybe we'll see Patrik Baboumian in the mix next year representing us.
JP
Site Admin

Postby xJimx » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:13 pm

Excellent performances from Hollands & Shahlaei, to be honest though Shaw & Zavickas were a class apart, just complete monsters.
DYEL
xJimx

Postby Goob » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:35 pm

I had to watch bootlegs from the UK because espn isn't going to air WSM for a couple weeks still. The finals were disappointing but the giants live events and qualifying rounds were good.
Mikhail Koklyaev wrote:Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Return to Power and Strength