Which one of your mofos is next to break the 600kg total?

Home of strength: powerlifting, olympic lifting, grip strength, strongman, odd object lifting, explosive power...

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

Which one of your mofos is next to break the 600kg total?

Postby JP » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:33 pm

Sydneyvegan mentioned on the strength table thread about 500 not giving you the top 20 spot, and i thought where does 600 land you...

TOO HIGH! :D

So who is the next one to break that total?

Hannibal is just 7.5kg away from it - so thats a clear bet for the favourite.

But who would be after that? the ground between 500 and 600 is littered with static totals, so it has to be someone in the low 500s to make it.

Place your bets. pick your favourite. This is not a sprint, its more like a marathon, so dark horses may emerge.

Will it be buzz who has lately put about 10kg to his total per year, slowly but surely?

Will it be ralst, or will he be distracted by multitude of disciplines in the game such as weightlifting like a proper iron addict should?

Will hardcore IV go on a BULK OF DOOM and pile on the total?

Will devils plaything nail a 220kg bench to break the 600 total while "working his pecs" for his next summer cut?

Will Jonathan come out of retirement?

Or will it be one of those gutsy guys in the 400s who keep on nailing PBs?
JP
Site Admin

Postby XkillerX » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:40 pm

ME!
Next time, I'll spend the money on drugs instead.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby SpugFab » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:05 pm

Man it's packed around the low 500s :)

Hannibal and the Aus posse might lose sight of raw totals now the equipped bug is starting to bite...

I expect ralst to make a lot of powerlifting progress sometime soon. Healthy attitude, solid commitment to training. Just a spread of interests (oly, strongman, PL) keeping his total a bit lower than it should be at the moment.

Buzz is on the verge of new territory now too. Access to good group of lifters, good training facility, regular comps keeping the THIRST FOR IRON strong. Could be a good battle between those pair.

I expect nothing from Germany other than more videos of bicep curling.
SpugFab

Postby Jonathan » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:44 pm

For me to break 600kg, I would first have to work back up to 400kg, and then 500kg and then 600kg! :lol:

Not since the construction of the pyramids has anything been as static and unlikely to change as my total!

Jonathan
Kathryn wrote:You're getting a hedge trimmer, I want a bubble machine. I need it for my job
Jonathan

Postby Andrewc » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:51 pm

SpugFab wrote:Man it's packed around the low 500s :)

Hannibal and the Aus posse might lose sight of raw totals now the equipped bug is starting to bite...

As I've said before MVS is the home of late night lifting in the rain, mud covered plates, and bitch slapping. If you came to MVS back in January you would've added 30kgs to your total. I guarantee it.

Hannibal is the obvious shoe in, but I think Ralst will become the next VF all rounder. In the long run Sosso will become the next VF superstar, and before this year is out he'll probably pull some more tricks out of nowhere and put up some bigger numbers close to 500 the way he's going.
Andrewc

Postby sosso » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:46 am

Haha thanks mate, I'll do my best to prove you right.

Hannibal is so close and Ralst is getting new PB's all the time too. If Ralst made the same kind of progress with his bench press as he has been with overhead work he'd have an even better chance. Now that I think of it, he did get a PB in bench not long ago.. :)
sosso

Postby JP » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:30 am

i think its not only who is bagging a lot of PBs now, or even who is closest to the 600, because 600 total starts being in the territory that you need to have patience and ability to take set backs - sometimes very long ones - and still plough on.

Anyone health problems barring can get a 600 total, i'm sure, but it wont come easy.

(i am only saying this because it took me AGEEEESSS to nail it :lol: )

So who has what it takes???
JP
Site Admin

Postby buzz » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:04 am

Fuck, so far to go! Got to be Hannibal, then probably the pesky Ralst. Think my deadlift will improve, but don't see much happening with bench or squat. 10kg a year, maybe nail in in 8 years time or so :)
buzz

Postby Andrewc » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:15 am

JP wrote:i think its not only who is bagging a lot of PBs now, or even who is closest to the 600, because 600 total starts being in the territory that you need to have patience and ability to take set backs - sometimes very long ones - and still plough on.

Anyone health problems barring can get a 600 total, i'm sure, but it wont come easy.

(i am only saying this because it took me AGEEEESSS to nail it :lol: )

So who has what it takes???

I'm sticking with my bets based on where I can see Hannibal making his best gains in the next few months.

Who's your pick?
Andrewc

Postby SpugFab » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:18 am

Surely Hannibal doesn't count. 600kg in the bag (although maybe once we thought that of Jono :( ).

I think this thread is about encouraging the guys in the low 500s to PUSH ON :P
SpugFab

Postby JP » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:07 pm

SpugFab wrote:I think this thread is about encouraging the guys in the low 500s to PUSH ON :P

SPOT ON!

Hannibal is not even in the race :D get it nailed mate!

very hard to pick my fav on the next possibles - so many good ballsy candidates with a lot of drive in you guys...

(hows that for sitting on the fence?)
JP
Site Admin

Postby jakob » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:52 pm

Hej Spug,

700kg Total, You Vs Me, are you on?
jakob

Postby SpugFab » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:10 pm

jakob wrote:Hej Spug,

700kg Total, You Vs Me, are you on?

Yeah man, check my training log title, of course it's on :D

I have a long term plan...
SpugFab

Postby jakob » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:19 pm

i have a long term plan too, i have just started to use a training plan for the first time and i think i make great gains. I´m already in PB-territory but haven´t maxed out for a while ;) if i continue my plan max outs are first expected in 3-4 months. but i think there will be some temptations earlier, but i try to wait as long as possible.
jakob

Postby Clem Snide » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:19 pm

I had my first ever go at bench press the other day and did a few reps of a MIGHTY 50 KILOGRAMS. It was surprisingly enjoyable...so perhaps I will be closing in on 600KG soon...
Clem Snide

Next

Return to Power and Strength