Hudson, WI PL competition

Home of strength: powerlifting, olympic lifting, grip strength, strongman, odd object lifting, explosive power...

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby stateofflux » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:43 pm

well done, you three. Next time I'm guessing we'll see Crystal added to the line-up :wink:
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby J » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:32 pm

I usually stare straight ahead in the mirror so I can see what I'm doing. I guess I'll try doing it like Ryan and John.

I was already motivated so it didn't make a difference. But maybe it's a good learning experience dumping 345 instead of dumping 500 next year.
J

Postby wannalift » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:45 pm

About the rules:

so what were the basic rules on each lift. did you have to pause on the squat or could you dive-bomb it if you were so inclined?
wannalift

Postby sensless » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:45 pm

The atmosphere at the meet was a very positive one. I felt I had limitless energy because of all the other lifters there, so focus was super easy. There is no comparison between lifting at that meet and lifting at stupid Bally's, as there was no crappy Kenny G. playing in the background or people getting in the way during a lift.

The other thing that was nice was the quality of equipment. The bars I use at Bally's bend a considerable amount once you get around the 500 pound mark, I didn't notice the bar bend much at all (if any) when I pulled the 555. I noticed the bar have a slight bend to it when the big boys pulled over 700 or squated up around 800, but even then there was no rebound on the bar when it moved.

Regards,
John Jr.
poop.
sensless

Postby J » Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:52 pm

On the squat and bench you had to hold the weight in the locked position and wait to be told to lower it. Some people did forgot to wait. You could bounce at the bottom on the squat but then you had to wait to be told to rack the weight at the end or it wouldn't count no matter how easily you lifted it. (This happened to Ryan.) On the bench you just had to pause it however long you thought was sufficient on your chest then wait to be told to rack it at the end.

Deadlift you couldn't wiggle it any on the way up and you had to wait to be told to rack it at the end.
J

Previous

Return to Power and Strength