Vegan Strength Table 2008

Home of strength: powerlifting, olympic lifting, grip strength, strongman, odd object lifting, explosive power...

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby The Duke » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:11 pm

Another 10kg increase in my deadlift please; that's up to 170kg and a total of 402.5kg.

That moves me into the top 30 and takes the scalps of V VII Hero, BJ, Bigbwii, Hardcore VI, JemmyDucks.

Bronco, I've got you in my sights man.

I am most definately a happy man. :D

Time to back off the DLing a little and concentrate on bringing the squats up ... but perhaps I'll try 175kg first eh?

An easy 150kg

Getting ready for a 160kg ... notice the perfect text symetry

Up she goes to equal the previous PB at 160. Bit wobbly but my arse was too high and I didn't look up enough.

A fine 165kg for a PB; like a knife through tofu. Felt a bit unbalanced but ok.

And finish of for a smacking 170kg and a 10kg increase. I did a standing meditation on the word "up" before the lift and tried to visualize my natural state as standing upright with a bar and to see my starting position as a spring, loaded with energy, that just wants to explode.

Free the Guinea Pigs.
The Duke

Postby bronco » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:32 pm

[quote="The Duke"]Bronco, I've got you in my sights man.

Be careful, with that kind of talk you might tempt me to improve my deadlift ;) .
Anyway, solid work on the PB :D .
[quote="JP"]Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby VeganGraham » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:23 pm

Hey, I set a new deadlift PB today as well, although I managed to avoid looking like Alexie Sayle while doing it.
I set myself a sort of target that I wouldn't update my figures until I had increased all three lifts.
My current PBs are, at a bodyweight of 95kg;
Deadlift 150kg
Squat 95kg
Bench press 67.5kg
Total 312.5kg

I'd like to start issuing threats of catching up, but I'm so far behind anyone who is anywhere near my bodyweight they would be pretty meaningless.
Worcestershire's fastest veteran vegan mountain bike endurance racer with a beard.
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

Postby The Duke » Sat Jan 12, 2008 6:42 pm

[quote="Big Good Wolf"]Hey, I set a new deadlift PB today as well, although I managed to avoid looking like Alexie Sayle while doing it.
I set myself a sort of target that I wouldn't update my figures until I had increased all three lifts.
My current PBs are, at a bodyweight of 95kg;
Deadlift 150kg
Squat 95kg
Bench press 67.5kg
Total 312.5kg

I'd like to start issuing threats of catching up, but I'm so far behind anyone who is anywhere near my bodyweight they would be pretty meaningless.

Wow GBW. That's a fantastic pull.

First one to 200kg.

Some kind of gentleman's forfeit bet? You know the kind of thing if I win you have to ride to work wearing just your pants within a week? You can set my forfeit.
Free the Guinea Pigs.
The Duke

Postby Jonathan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:20 pm

Great work everyone - table updated!

Duke, always enjoy the photographic pb montages, keep them coming 8)
[quote="Kathryn"]You're getting a hedge trimmer, I want a bubble machine. I need it for my job
Jonathan

Postby VeganGraham » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:20 am

I don't like the sound of this Gentleman's Forfeit.
1, It's taken me months to get from 145kg to 150kg. Reaching 200kg could take the rest of my life, if not longer.
2, If this idea of a 3/4/5 ratio for powerlifting is right, I should be aiming for a 120kg squat and a 90kg bench before I increase my deadlift.
3, You've already got a 20kg head start on me.

Having said that, I might just ride to work in my underpants one day anyway for the fun of it.
Worcestershire's fastest veteran vegan mountain bike endurance racer with a beard.
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

Location: The banks of the River Severn as it meanders through the sun dappled leafy glades of Worcestershire

Postby The Duke » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:41 pm

[quote="Big Good Wolf"]I don't like the sound of this Gentleman's Forfeit.
1, It's taken me months to get from 145kg to 150kg. Reaching 200kg could take the rest of my life, if not longer.
2, If this idea of a 3/4/5 ratio for powerlifting is right, I should be aiming for a 120kg squat and a 90kg bench before I increase my deadlift.
3, You've already got a 20kg head start on me.

Having said that, I might just ride to work in my underpants one day anyway for the fun of it.

But GBW, why on earth would I propose a bet I that was not hugely rigged in my favour!! That woud be ... mmmm ... pure insanity!!!

OK OK!!! I know it looks like that but I have a reason.

I actually suspect that you are already stronger than me, but just don't lift that well. I reckon that when you got your form sorted out your weights are going to soar.

I just think that doing the job you do, and buggering about with 20 ton trucks for a hobby has got to build a strong core.
Free the Guinea Pigs.
The Duke

hey! big bad wolf

Postby big_james » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:57 pm

[quote="Big Good Wolf"]

ok this is my first post in a while, but i saw BBW's post and felt the same about catching up!!! my deadlifts i only started last week and i'm protecting my back until it's strong enough to pull some serious weights.

so here are mine
My current bests are, at a bodyweight of 102kg;
Deadlift 60kg
Squat 100kg
Bench press 90kg

Total 250kg

so Big Bad Wolf, game on?
big_james

Postby jemmyducks » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:07 am

I can't believe we have 70 male lifters on the Table now!

The Duke! nice deadlift! looks like no chalk on your hands too! :shock:

I'm out of the race for a bit, so still waiting to hear when you out-bench me! :)
Personal Trainer, Health Coach, Dance Artist
San Francisco, CA
jemmyducks

Postby ralst » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:56 pm

ralst

Postby bronco » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:11 pm

[quote="ralst"]Squat: 129.2 kg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYxwiAf8jdk

Looking very solid :D . What kind of music is that, is it the 5678s ?
[quote="JP"]Spirulina is a badass crew, and they often just hang around in street corners looking to beat up proteins.

They oftenget confused by the fact that they are almost half protein themselves.
bronco
Site Admin

Postby The Duke » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:55 pm

[quote="bronco"] is it the 5678s ?

I thought it was, but I don't know the track?
Free the Guinea Pigs.
The Duke

Postby ralst » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:14 pm

[quote="The Duke"][quote="bronco"] is it the 5678s ?

I thought it was, but I don't know the track?

It is - "(I'm Sorry Mama) I'm a Wild One" from their Teenage Mojo Workout.
TeamBigSac.Com
ralst

Postby VeganGraham » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:23 am

[quote="The Duke"]...I reckon that when you got your form sorted out your weights are going to soar.

Yeah, I'm sure my form is terrible. I've never had any one on one tuition, I just pick it up by watching videos on YouTube. If only Edinburgh wasn't so far away. :cry:

James, we seem very closely matched in height, weight and lifts. Start a training log and go for it. :P
Angry Middle Aged Man
VeganGraham

Postby shellie » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:22 am

new deadlift 80 kg hideous form
bench press 33.5 kg
shellie

PreviousNext

Return to Power and Strength