Starting a vegan diet

Going vegan and new vegans in need of support or information.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Starting a vegan diet

Postby sandriasteve » Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:12 am

Hi all, I was in search of a vegan forum and thank god, I found this! I am not a veggie, but I am going to be. I was a foodie and I used to eat a lot of non-veg stuff. I never thought of any health problems and it didn't happen to me so far even though I ate a lot of junks. It was in the last month I started experiencing severe pain in my teeth and I consulted my dentist. It was due to cavities and I am under the treatment of my dentist in Ajax (Discovery dental). So I am planning to start a healthy diet (only veg), but I need a perfect start and I need your help for that. I am not yet fully recovered from the pain. So can any of you suggest me a list of food items which I should eat in a proper order while starting my vegan diet? It would be grateful if anyone here can assist me. Thanks in advance.
sandriasteve

Re: Starting a vegan diet

Postby Sid Delicious » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:05 pm

Hi. What sort of foods you should eat will depend on what is available in stores. Most supermarkets have a pretty good range nowadays. There are obvious things such as vegetables and fruit, but make sure you include enough whole grains, beans, legumes, nuts, seeds (chia, quinoa are both good). Stores that sell Asian and Middle Eastern foods can be useful. Lots of recipes for Asian, African and Middle Eastern food are already vegan, or can be easily adapted.
Take a look at recipes online or in cookbooks and go with what appeals to you. And take things at a pace that you are comfortable with and you are more likely to succeed with making the change.
Sid Delicious

Return to New Vegan