What will happen?

Styles, training, conditioning, equipment - everything related to Martial Arts.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

What will happen?

Postby karena.towle55 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:43 pm

Suppse a amrtial arts student stops practising after a certain amount of time. Will it effect his/her health?
karena.towle55

Postby VibrantVegan » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:49 pm

Yep, it will effect your health. That is if you don't replace your training with something comparable. Your muscles and nervous system begin to de-train within 2 weeks of ending your training. That means your fitness level will go down.

Are you thinking of giving up your martial arts practice? Do you have any plans to replace that training time?
VibrantVegan

Postby hoffmeister » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:22 am

It is the same if you do any other sport and quit.
hoffmeister
Reluctant Moderator

Postby ^toby^ » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:32 pm

It will affect their mental health :cry:
and their life will become meaningless
'Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect Practice makes perfect' - Vince Lombardi
^toby^

Postby XkillerX » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:40 am

they'll probably get a nervous breakdown and start typing incomprehensibly.
Activists are the engineers of the soul. That's why governments lock them up.
XkillerX
invisible blonde unicorn

Postby RxQueen » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:41 am

haha, good one killer :wink:

anyone who has spent a lot time doing any sport will freak when they suddenly cannot do the sport anymore.
RxQueen

Postby Clem Snide » Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:54 pm

You will no longer have the mad skills to wail on punks hassling old ladies on the streets.
Clem Snide

Postby Cantar » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:49 pm

[quote="Clem Snide"]You will no longer have the mad skills to wail on punks hassling old ladies on the streets.

hahahah exactly ! Thats the big issue youre gonna have to deal with :lol: :D I got so funny karatekid images in my mind when i read that...

Well, lets say that you practise a martial art, and that is the only way you work out. You dont jogg or lift weights or anything.
Then obviously your condition will start to deteriorate( right word? ). Of course you can take a break from training for a wile, a couple of months shouldnt be a big problem (at least thats my experience). But this is all depending on a lot of factors like, do you use tobacco? Do you eat fastfood or keep a good diet? Have you been training for long or are you a beginner ?

If you smoke and eat bad food then your condition and will-power will get worse pretty fast. But if you are a non-smoker, and you´re in good shape, then you´ll get back into your training pretty fast when you start again. If you´re a beginne rin your sport, you shold probably have good basic learning before you take a break from the sport.

I don´t know if I just babbel on, this is my experience of stop traing for some time.
Cantar

Return to Martial Arts