Krav Maga & Zionism

Styles, training, conditioning, equipment - everything related to Martial Arts.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby SpugFab » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm

[quote=": x :"]people that were not able to live anywhere else, few exceptions maybe

It's not a "few exceptions". There are more Jews in the "anywhere else" than there are in Israel.
SpugFab

Postby puppydog » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:25 pm

[quote=": x :"] zionism is not about "hey, let's kick some arab ass!" it's rather about "hey, let's survive!"

you could fill a set of encycolopedias with quotes from prominent israelis, zionists, and politicians to prove that not everybody shares that view.

and yes, there are lots of arabs who say equally crazy things about israel/jews.

[quote=": x :"] it was founded by people that just survived the hugest act of barbarism ever

This is a fairly subjective statement. Atrocious and horrible, yes. But I think saying something like that really makes light of something such as, the transatlantic slave movement, or ethnic cleansing in other non-white parts of the world.

What is hard for myself, and I think most people, is how the response to such an atrocity is to find another ethnic group and perpetuate some different atrocity on them.
Arf! Arf! Grrrr! Arf!
puppydog

Postby pimmando k. » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:35 pm

[quote=":x:"]well, one can argue a lot about the discrimation-thing. every state is racist. that's my view on that.

but you still wanna show solidarity to the racist state of israel 'cause...?
pimmando k.

Postby hoffmeister » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:10 pm

[quote=": x :"] zionism is not about "hey, let's kick some arab ass!" it's rather about "hey, let's survive!"

Zionism is about, "Hey, let's take this piece of land that we consider Holy and fuck the people living there already".

I know Germany was fucked up with Hitler, and if you feel guilt, deal with it in some other way please.
this is Sparta
hoffmeister
Reluctant Moderator

Postby tempehmomma » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:19 pm

[quote="spug_myers"][quote=": x :"]people that were not able to live anywhere else, few exceptions maybe

It's not a "few exceptions". There are more Jews in the "anywhere else" than there are in Israel.
There are almost as many Jews in the US as there are in Israel.
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/903585.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_population

If European Zionists wanted a homeland they should have created one in Europe not in Palestine at the expense of the Palestinian Arab population.

Jews have been relatively safe, not persecuted in the US like decents of African slaves and Native Americans.
Last edited by tempehmomma on Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tempehmomma

Postby misosoup » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:40 pm

Unfortunately the plastic penis wasn't anything to do with me, the blog was written by other people as well.

Either way, I did write in my original post - "Without getting into a debate on the Middle East (that's what the rest of the internet is for)" - so I'm going to stick to that and leave you to it.
misosoup

Postby israel » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:03 pm

well ................... in the spirit of before and if i were you :

krav maga instuructors might not send money to idf ( i didnt know-think its great ) but its still conected to israel a lot and it helps put israel in a positive light to the world and all ............... its like working in an animal testing lab in the non-animal testing area

so if i were you i wouldnt go
israel

Postby :x: » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:16 pm

i think this topic is getting people pissed of, absolutely including me, so i'd rather stop this discussion, i don't wanna "ruin" this forum for me...
israel exists, and as long as there is antisemitism it's got a right of existance and a right of selfdefence!
and krav maga's great 8)
"anti-german" for dummies
please spell me : x : :)
honestly, stop the vegan-snuff-video-madness!
:x:

Postby tempehmomma » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:27 pm

"Did the Zionists have the legal or moral right to invade Arab Palestine, uproot its Arab citizens from their homes and seize all Arab property for themselves just based on the "religious" claim that their forefathers lived there thousands of years ago? Only a thousand years ago the Moors lived in Spain. Would this give the Moors of today the legal and moral right to invade the Iberian Peninsula, drive out its Spanish citizens, and then set up a new Moroccan nation ... where Spain used to be, as the European zionists have done to our Arab brothers and sisters in Palestine?..." ~ Malcolm X
tempehmomma

Postby tempehmomma » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:51 pm

[quote="misosoup"]Unfortunately the plastic penis wasn't anything to do with me, the blog was written by other people as well.

Either way, I did write in my original post - "Without getting into a debate on the Middle East (that's what the rest of the internet is for)" - so I'm going to stick to that and leave you to it.
miso sorry for getting off topic.

May I suggest that if folks want to discuss Zionism *only* start a new thread. Let's practice self moderation for once.
tempehmomma

Postby prenna » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:29 am

[quote=":x:"]
israel exists, and as long as there is antisemitism it's got a right of existance and a right of selfdefence!

That's the single most ridiculous statement I've ever read on this forum. Ethnic cleansing and occupation is not defence against anti-semitism.

mod note: like tempehmomma said, please open a new thread to Ethics & politics section if you wish to continue to discuss these issues further
prenna

Previous

Return to Martial Arts