Kung Fu/Wushu in London?

Styles, training, conditioning, equipment - everything related to Martial Arts.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Postby gauze » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:12 pm

googled this myself and this thread was the 3rd hit!
I found this if anyone is interested - looks like a decent timetable

http://londonwushu.com/

I'm interested in it purely from an artistic viewpoint; I just wanna do lots of jumping 540 kicks like Darth Maul.
"I've been doing a lot of running, swimming, cycling, well, I mean, you know how it is..."

-"NO. Actually I don't know, I play real sports, I'm not trying to be the best at exercising."
gauze

Re: Kung Fu/Wushu in London?

Postby bruz » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:40 am

[quote="Rubber_Ritchie"]Hey dudes,

Do you know of a good Kung Fu/Wushu school in London preferably in central London or South East. I am a looking for a school who do a lot of forms and acrobatic stuff. I was training in Chin Woo which was amazing. However, the sparring was a bit vicious without any padding. I bust my finger one class. It swelled and I couldn't use my hand properly for a week. It worried me to get worse injuries as my body is my livelihood.

Me too, I want to have a class of Kung Fu but I am here in Arizona... Hope I could have a class of Kung Fu.
bruz

Postby barnz2k » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:48 pm

OK Im back in London and am seriously looking for a kung fu class in london!

I joined a class in Toronto for about 4 months and it was great. Basically spent a month per form and included technqiues and light sparring each class. It was in a gym so i just paid gym membership and got the best of both worlds
Seems the gyms here dont have classes though only boxercising type classes. SO I might just take a class 3 times a week and not join a gym if it will be good enough.
barnz2k

Postby FitGuy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:14 pm

I'm currently living in the US... but my wife and I have been traveling, any news on this for London?
FitGuy

Previous

Return to Martial Arts