animal manure

Armchair politics, ethical soapbox and current affairs. Place to discuss vegan ethics and general ethics and politics. Be nice.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

animal manure

Postby israel » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:56 am

most agriculture land is grown solely to feed farm animals (for example 85% of soy goes to feed farm animals)

What is the reply you give to someone who says if people will move to veganism the agriculture will still need animal manure
Last edited by israel on Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
israel

Re: animal manure

Postby blinki » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:55 pm

Does human work? I'm sure we'd figure out a palatable way of arranging it
blinki

Postby hardcore iv » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:18 am

stock free organic and veganic agriculture in the UK and US have already shown that it's viable to grow without animal input and there are vegan permaculture methods (Graham Burnett put out a book on it recently). Once these movements become less anti-science we can start growing plant crops that will address all issues non-vegans can come up with e.g. EPA/DHA and B12 producing plants.
"When you are born, you are set forth to die. The fact that you live or don't live between these two dates depends solely upon your own will, opportunities and desires. The weight exerciser, of course, indicates that he chooses to live." Joseph Curtis Hise
hardcore iv

Postby sergio » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:15 pm

[quote="hardcore iv"]Once these movements become less anti-science we can start growing plant crops that will address all issues non-vegans can come up with e.g. EPA/DHA and B12 producing plants.

Do you have more info about that? It seems scifi, biotech madness.
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

Postby israel » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:26 am

I have finally watched the movie "cowspiracy" ending - and it talks exactly about this issue

something like 10-20 minutes before it ends : in short it says that not only you dont need animal manure to grow plants well ....

it says its better not to use it and use the vegan manure option - even if you dont care about animals they say its still better than non vegan manure
israel

Return to Ethics, Politics and Current Affairs