Israel second largest percent of vegetarians

Armchair politics, ethical soapbox and current affairs. Place to discuss vegan ethics and general ethics and politics. Be nice.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Re: Israel second largest percent of vegetarians

Postby otso » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:50 pm

Propaganda anyone?
otso

Postby israel » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:32 pm

it might be considered propagandabut i dont see whats wrong in just one thread that is not anti-israel - and shows people how veganism can spread im sure people in other countrys think that veganism is spreading to slow and have no chance but im showing here that its possible and how many small factors when counted they can make an impact - one parliament member you convince to be pro-animal can become one day a president - undercover investigation can turn thousands to vegetarianism

but again as i said i am very patriotic and i its the only thread i made which is pro israel so im not spamming - and if im brutally honest i really dont think i did this mainly because of patriotism i did it just cause i wanted to share this exiting news (for me) and this is the only forum im registered to - plus people dont use this section much if they would use it more this thread would have dissaperd a long time ago and once this forum will get more popular which i hope it will this thread will dissolve - i promise i will not post anymore here on this thread i wont even view it again and i wont open anymore more threads like this (didnt plan to) :!: so no one will feel uncomfortable
israel

Postby sergio » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:55 pm

I don't think you should stop posting. I'm sure you understand that your approach to the topic of an elected president might provoke skepticism or criticism, that's all.
I accidentally replaced all of my blood with coffee.
sergio

Postby israel » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:37 pm

yes thats true i will change it and only say i dont like peres and i like rubi rivlin and thats it without explanation like i did on why - that might be the part that seems like propaganda and to much political - yes i guess i was inconsiderate not excepting it to be to much controversial

and i will stop posting just cause not causing further controversy - i really dont want to bother others - i guess i cant really control myself much as far as politics go - so i will avoid it as much as i can

ok this for real now is the last time i check this thread i will edit the last post and i swear to myself my no-self control self i will not view this anymore

update : yes i know no self control and no dignity :oops:
Last edited by israel on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
israel

Postby xJimx » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:16 pm

[quote="israel"]it might be considered propaganda

Correct me if I'm wrong but your avatar is the IDF logo right? I'm fairly sure you didn't use this image as your avatar on this site previously, so to come on here using it given what currently happening in Gaza is rather tasteless.
DYEL
xJimx

Postby sergio » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:59 pm

[quote="xJimx"]using it given what currently happening in Gaza is rather tasteless.

Indeed.
sergio

Postby israel » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:05 pm

[quote]Correct me if I'm wrong but your avatar is the IDF logo right? I'm fairly sure you didn't use this image as your avatar on this site previously, so to come on here using it given what currently happening in Gaza is rather tasteless.

im using this avatar for a long time now - very long and before it i used the israeli flag - the idf symbol is legit plus there were avatars in the past here of a terrorist and no one said nothing before and anti-israel posts also so if they were legit than my own is also legit

i am very patriotic and im this way just cause i really believe israel is a very moral country and israel is getting a huge mistreatment from the media

160 !!!!! dead kids in bulding the terror tunnels in the year 2012, while one of this tunnels exit was in an israeli kindergarden - and the crazist thing is this is a data/number coming from the hamas itself (the number might be higher ) !! this is when there was no war no israeli attacks - was anyone "shocked" in the world ?

the doctor who counts the bodies and gives the data on the dead in gaza to the world the one who the world media takes it numbers from is a member of hamas

the main issue is you all belive in "paliwood" google this term and read a bit about it
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/08/sunda ... -be-staged
http://www.bob-owens.com/2012/11/paliwood-begins-again/

There are many UN workers in gaza who are members of the hamas so when you hear about a dead UN personal just know that there is a huge chance he was a terrorist - UN buildings are built in locations conducive to fighting - UN cars carry ammunition throw the city - So whenever you hear the UN talks about how evil israel is think of this facts

in gaza there are 2 milion people - they have natural deaths and they are counted as if israel killed them

there are billions of dollar pouring to gaza from all over the world but they all go to terrorism - not exaggerating

people talk about israel wanting to concur gaza again completely ignoring the "disengagement plan" (google it) from gaza

people talking about how israel have bombed a hospital : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O9AHzUK ... QpO3zi-jYg
or israel bombing ambulances (terrorists main transportation) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O114V9P ... g&index=60

the hamas have fierd 3,356 missles on israel - 119 of them (at the moment of writing this) have landed in gaza - and unlike israeli bombings there is no warning before this hit gaza - and you can bet the hamas counted this dead as if israel have shot them

the hamas shots and kills christans - gays and rival gruops members all the time - and also during the war - and you can be sure they count them as israeli army casulties - they recently killed 20 demonstrators against hamas

many gays and christian and women who hurt the "family honor" usually escape to israel to not get killed (and yet there are gay groups who demonstrate agains israel this is how much ignorance in the world is rampant)

the UN is saying falls data about this conflict and lies a lot about israel not only now but all the time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Mupoo1At8

israel sends free electricity all the time to gaza - people from gaza are healed in israeli hospitals all the time - israel has sent tons of cement into gaza - cement that was used for bunkers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbgt2FhggOQ - people in the world dont understand that the "palstinean" (a name they cant even pronunce) dont want a country they say it in the arabic media - and what people dont know is that israel offered many too many times to give them a state - this is really a whole new disscussion but this is not about a country its purely a religious war against israel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyhuqthF2UM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1KkYjhFryA - azmi bashara a former israeli Parliament member who was accused for spying for hizballa and fled now he says to everyone his a Palestinian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9ReF4UUa4E - a good explanation on what this whole conflict is about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdtGOY8T5XE - and another good one 10 misconceptions

they count dead terrorists as women and children deaths and they were caught giving dead people lists with the same name wirtten many times (they dont even try hard to lie to the world)
even the very anti-israel BBC (more anti israel than AL-jazeera) posted this (of course it wont be seen by much) : http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28688179

there are people in gaza who are very very rich and they can make everyone here look like poor people - there was never ever a full blockade on gaza - there was never a food shortage - unlike what the media said its all a big paliwood

there were many cease fires - and they were all broken by hamas - even the last cease fire the media reported as if hamas has waited till its end to shot but no - they broke it in the middle

now this is propoganda but its hard for me to hear the idf symbol is tasteless - whats happening in gaza is the biggest scam in the world - and just compare the media coverage it gets in comparison to syria which at the same time of this "war/operation" died ten times the numbers and in syria they are really civilians - when you hear the UN-US-France officals talk about the "massacre in gaza" and how they are shocked at the dead in gaza ask yourself how they are not "shocked" about what is hapening in syria (which by the was pictures from syria are shown as if they happened in gaza)

and to clearfy - i support israel so much not cause im jewish (cause im really into buddhism and before that was athist and even plan to ordain as a monk) not because the flag has nice color - strictly cause this is a moral issue and the world is extremly oblivious to the facts - just like to the animal rights issue

i didnt do army because of health problems - but i did volunteer as a medic in an ambulance and i used to take people from gaza to israeli hospitals all the time (and to the best hospitals not the usual ones) - the first i phone i saw was of a women from gaza - and we took her and many more when the world media showed as if there is a full blocaked on gaza - in the checkpoint i went to on the side there were 3 confiscated ambulances because in separaate events each was filled with explosives and attempted to explode in israel

i went to take someone from gaza one say at the checkpoint and he was injured badly (i believe he was a terrorist) when he arrvied the soldeirs at the checkpoint wanted to remove his clothes to see if there is a bomb and the ambulance driver refused to take his clothes of (because they do strap wounded with bombs - and animals and children) and we had to wait 3 hours until they returned with another driver - in the mean while there was this arab "tour guide" with a group of diplomats from Europe and he showed them how horrible are the israeli checkpoints - how it takes hours for a wounded person to pass them - he didnt mention and they defintly didnt know that he was probobly a terrorist - that his going to get a top notch treatment on our tax money (not from egypet who also has a border with gaza) - now they all were "there" they saw it with their own eyes - but they got the detials completely wrong - but the arabs really are putting a lot of effort into this bluffing thing
treatment in an israeli hospital - that the reason for the time spent is because of the driver and that the reason was he most likly did have a bomb on him and that if the driver would accept the check it would have taken a few minutes and he would be on his way - by the way because of terroist attacks whenever an israeli goes into a israeli hospital the ambulance is checked also

the shifa hospital in gaza was built by israel in the best of standards - they said that later other country's built expansions but they were low quality

http://stopwar.org.uk/events/national-d ... -VkFUBWjXU - stop the massacre - people really never questioned why the news talks so much about israel and criticise it so much when civilans are killed by the milions all around our country ...by the way chemical weapons in pallywood = lighting bombs which people in the world might think are chemical weapons

israel has built a field hospital - a quality one like we built in haiti and in the north to take care of injured from syria and - and also gathered a big medicine suplly to gaza and also blood donations and it was blocked by hamas - many times hamas has fired on israeli supply rtucks that went toward gaza

israel is sending trucks full of supplies to gaza the hamas sometimes shoots at this aid trucks so they wont reach gaza

the terror tunnels have a huge potinatial some of them ended in towns - it was planned to send hundrend of terrorists at the same time from them - plus there is a big chance it was meant to happen combined with an attack from the north with hizballas tunnels

and an intersting thing to notice is that hamas is shoting at israel rockets non-stop for the past 14 years - israel just only responds when its hitting the big cites , plus they try to execute terror attacks all the time and not only from gaza not just during this milatry operations

there is so much more i can say and show but im to lazy this allready took me a long time to write as some have figured out

i will remove the idf flag though and return to my avatar from the start the israeli flag - but hope i explained my point well - plus it shouldnt matter much cause i stopped doing exrcises so im not posting much and close to nothing (i have some nice recipes but im not posting them cause they are fattening)
israel

Postby sergio » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:02 am

Again, nobody is asking you to stop posting, no matter what. You're entitled to your opinions, but since this is a forum (actually an ethics/current affairs one) at least you can expect disagreements or debates or whatever. That is what forums like this are about.

Thanks for your insights. All of us are aware about how media distorts reality in every single issue following their own criteria. And of course, it's a complex issue and it's easy to ignore tons of details. However, all the facts given I wouldn't consider you as a neutral, non biased source either.

Any state in the world waging a war (and specially a war like this) can't be called "moral", no matter how fancy and top-notch are the hospitals they built, for fuck's sake. Of course, this a personal opinion, I myself see nationalism/patriotism as a cancer for human societies; a dangerous, artificial set of values used to justify any kind of fucked up situations. But honestly refering to a bloodbath carried by an authoritarian, ultra-militarized state/army just as "the biggest scam in the world" is not tasteless, is disgusting.

And by the way (another opinion, of course) if animal liberation depends on a friendly, progressive, veggie politician being elected, then animals will be as screwed as they already are.
sergio

Postby israel » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:51 pm

My fault i explained myself badly - i try to explain again more clear again

[quote]all the facts given I wouldn't consider you as a neutral, non biased source either.
- i never claimed that - the flag and the fact i say im patriotic is clear im not biased - but since the world media is anti-israel i see the whole world as a bit biased also (i know you know that everyone is biased im just saying it in my words also)
[quote]I myself see nationalism/patriotism as a cancer for human societies
i agree - what i tryed to explain is im not really a "patriot" - i dont like the colors of the flag - i dont like most israelis - im not religious - i love all people even hamas for being people (but i wont support them) - i even plan to become a buddhist monk soon - im supporting israel but not because i was born israeli but because its the right thing to do
[quote]But honestly refering to a bloodbath carried by an authoritarian, ultra-militarized state/army just as "the biggest scam in the world" is not tasteless, is disgusting
- This is an important point - if you consider all the facts i pointed in the long post and read extra on your own and add the numbers - you take the first number that hamas inflates - and you take away from it all the natural deaths that happen in the operation time - you take away the terrorists - you take away all the people who oppose hamas and were killed (like 20 people who demonstrated against it ) and are counted as if israel has killed them - you take away the people who died from 119 rockets hamas by mistake (or not) have fired inside gaza (and unlike israeli missles they dont get a warning before firing) and again are counted as idf kills - long dead people who are counted as recent israeli kills ect - if you take this into account than there was no bloodbath - thats what im trying to say in my long post that it is a scam

the lies are really radical to the point they dont destort a little truth but a lot - like when all world media (not for nothing there is the "BBC watch" website) said there was a humanitarian crisis in gaza and people are starving there (http://politicalarena.org/2012/11/25/pa ... ong-women/)and to strengthen this at the same time this "war" is happening thousands of real civilians have died in syria and iraq ect in much much higer numbers than in israel and people in the world suffer real blockades and real hunger and humanitrian crisis but yet israel get much more criticism than any of them - most of them arent even mentioned in the media

[quote] if animal liberation depends on a friendly, progressive, veggie politician being elected, then animals will be as screwed as they already are.

i might be misunderstood here also what i meant was politicans have their part which is important - public has one - alf has one - protestors have one - media has one - company's and restaurants has one - we need them all to help the animals

by the way i completely understand your post i wasnt clear - my post alone dosnt explain it well but the links i gave are good - if you read about it yourself you can reach a good idea - but i know most people never hear about "pallywood" i think my long post above gives people at least a general idea even if not full
israel

Postby tal » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:38 pm

Ideally I'd like this thread to get back on track and not descend into a discussion about who is morally right or wrong, because neither side has the right to claim that.

Not sure why you believe that the worlds media is anti-Israel. From within Israel, perhaps that is your perception, but outside of Israel, I assure you that is not exclusively the case.

Either way, regardless of if politicians go vegan, animals die when there are wars. And that is sad.
tal

Postby israel » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:30 pm

did you see "bbc watch" website(same websites could be created for CNN FOX ect which all of them i watch from time to time) ? or how pallywood images and stories are reported as is http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/08/hamas ... the-undead how can they report things like this as real ? or times biased headlines http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Blogs ... UKdI_BSph8
i stand fully by all that i said and all the links - but fine theres nothing i can say except this links actually all i wrote isnt very clear thats why i made the links so at least people will do their own research - arguments wont help people understand me better now - so ok as far as im concerned i agree to move the thread back on track as long as my one long post isnt deleted just cause i put so much effort on it which is notable especially cause im a lazy person .... so :

269 movment - i would have mentioned before but they seem already well known

check this initiative https://www.facebook.com/Alfront/photos ... permPage=1 this is great this is why we need every element working together - if someone in the city council will want to take this slogans on taxis down a vegan-freindly politician will help a lot - this is one of the reasons i really started this thread - i really think this should happen in every city in the world - even if it will be taken down in the end
Last edited by israel on Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
israel

Postby Andrewc » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:29 am

This thread got weird...

I remember when Avi used to post here, he was a big inspiration for me at the start - and still is. He's a great example of what a positive lifestyle and a lifetime of training and achieve for you.
Andrewc

Postby israel » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:35 pm

for the record there were many anti-israel posts and even threads which can also be called "propaganda" (i joined because of training and diet not to talk politics or do "propaganda") - so i think that just in one thread in 2 posts i explained a little bit of israel side when remarked on my avatar (which i changed back) (especially when a member used to have an avatar with a suicide bomber on it and no one said its tasteless ) its not that outrageous ,"weird" or "tasteless" and its a fair thing (i wouldn't mind criticism so much its just im afraid it will lead to deletion of this thread and my long posts so i might be over-sensitive trying to explain why its ok, and thats why i think i need to answer to remarks that might cause deletion - even if the remarks are ok ) and as i said im ready to leave the politics aside and just focus on veganism in israel...

avi is in the video i posted
[quote="israel"]another video with a vegan israeli bodybuilder that used to use this forum in the past and also a small word about the black-Hebrews :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... FJ0#at=124

i have also seen him talk in other videos about veganism but they are in Hebrew

(i will stop posting in this thread (will try harder than before not to look at this thread lol) if anyone want to keep updating on israel or even talk about vegan initiatives in other countries or take this to a different subject even feel free to do so )

update (cause i dont want to "bump" this thread up at least not by me i dont want to "spam" the first place in the ethics and politics section ) : the "big brother israel" show winner is a vegan and who has talked about veganism in the "house" (as i read in the newspaper cause i dont watch this show) and was considered "the vegan" as i read (more or less) she cooked vegan food for all there and when she won she wore a short saying " meat is murder - go vegan"

the crazy thing is - her mothers family were pig farmers and her father has owned a sausage factory , and she worked at "burger king" and was an instructor for 3 years in " the center for chicken breeding" (for meat and egg industry) . she worked as a gym instructor and takes an active part in animal rights and she plans to donate part of the milion prize to donation - and she has 3 children who are vegan - although dont take me by the word i might be wrong about details on her i just type in general what i remember from an article i read about her in the printed newspaper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjBY3XAI62o

in israel there are many horse/donkey driven carts - pulling stuff - furniture ect ... so now the israeli parliament have decided to make it illegal to pull carts by horses and donkeys - although! now the ones who passed the law said they might change the law to accept carts for tourism - while there arent much of this kind of use of horses and donkeys in israel and the horses are better taken care of in this field (better im not saying good) - the fear is that if they will change the law and allow just a few horse pulled carts - then the people will find a loophole in the law that will allow them to keep using carts for whatever purpose they want - but for now at least the law has passed and it is a complete law - but that might change and more importantly it would matter how good he police and court will enforce it - police are actually quite ok when it comes to taking care of animal abusers ect - but the courts dont care and give them ridicules punishments

Israel hosted largest vegan festival in the world
http://www.israel21c.org/israel-in-the- ... -festival/

"Ady Gil" the ship of sea-shepherd was named for israeli business men Ady Gil who donates money to that organization - who also donated to animal shelter in the US - he also paid to house 1300 monkeys after "mazor farm" a farm that raised monkeys for animal testing and was the third biggest importer of monkeys for labs to Europe

Gilad Ardan is a member of the likud party his number two after Bibi Netanyahu (which also is vegan-friendly) and cause now the party gained power in election it means he also will have a big influence - and he started the efforts to close "mazor farm" - but more importantly he pushed to move the responsibility of animal rights from the minister of agriculture to the environment minister - voted for increased punishment for animal abuse -
there use to be lies he was for shooting stray dogs but after research i found not only he didnt support it he acted strongly against it - he voted to make it illegal to import animal tested cosmetic products - he acted for animals when he was just a parliament member he continued after becoming the minister of environment - and the fact he has such power in a powerful party is good news

Im very into theravada buddhism - for the record i was vegan before i started with buddhism ... and by my understanding people should be vegan by buddhism but it did get distorted so some "buddhists" eat meat - but now for the first time i saw a viral video of a rabbi about aniaml rights in judaism - and im shocked at how clear it is for example that eating meat is not moral - so so clear but it got distorted i wonder but im to lazy to check but probably in Christianity its considered not moral to eat meat - now that this video got uploaded i think it will have huge impact - amazing what a huge impact a single person can do update : now gilad ardan is the minster of interior security (controls police) and a few other small positions which is a powerful position - i hope he will use it for animals i guess i will have to wait and see

More shocking is that some prominent rabbis have said that because of the way the "industry" works ( mass slaughter) there is no kosher meat in israel - even in not industrialized places - they say that in this days not a single meat is kosher - thats a mind blowing statement - if it spreads than it can have a huge affect

latest survey shows last year 6.2% of milk and dairy consumption - while a surge in consumption of plant based products - 7% reduction and a freeze in the consumption of meat products which is
30% of the population said they reduced consumption of animal products (55% from health reasons 10% economical 24% ideological) -

this is the snowball i am talking about - more vegans cheaper vegan food better vegan food less good animal products and they are more expansive more political power more vegans more vegans more political power ect ect

What i found out now amazes me - now its illegal to fatten goose and its illegal to grow monkeys to sell for experiments - but israel used to be the third largest supplier of monkeys to europe (i knew this part) but what i found out now is that israel was the 4 biggest producer of foie gras in the world !! and now its all gone !

I know i talk about israel - but the world vegan movement is doing well also - and the most important thing is its all a snowball - once its past a critical mass of vegans - things start to improve drastically
israel

Previous

Return to Ethics, Politics and Current Affairs