"Eating Animals" Article

Armchair politics, ethical soapbox and current affairs. Place to discuss vegan ethics and general ethics and politics. Be nice.

Moderators: hardcore iv, bronco, fredrikw, JP, Rochellita

"Eating Animals" Article

Postby Fallen_Horse » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:42 pm

Some good, mostly bad. Why is it that 'ethical omnivores' always happen to forget the death involved in their lifestyle, not to mention the moral and ethical implications of choosing to kill versus choosing not to?

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2011/12/eating-animals/250179/#.TvCaDW5Q1K0.twitter
Lovin' it!
Fallen_Horse

Re: "Eating Animals" Article

Postby Goob » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:03 am

Fallen_Horse wrote:Some good, mostly bad. Why is it that 'ethical omnivores' always happen to forget the death involved in their lifestyle, not to mention the moral and ethical implications of choosing to kill versus choosing not to?

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2011/12/eating-animals/250179/#.TvCaDW5Q1K0.twitter

I didn't see anything good in that article, just more of the same bullshit every other anti-vegan has to say. If you aren't human, your life is meaningless. They definitely don't ignore the death part, it just isn't important because those are lesser beings.

It's the main reason I hate peta, vegan outreach, the hsus, viva, all other "animal rights" organizations and especially peter singer. They always focus on welfare. I have never met an ex-vegan that thought killing was wrong, just that we should treat them nice before we knock them in the head.
Mikhail Koklyaev wrote:Benedikt he is deadlift god , I'm only amateur
Goob

Re: "Eating Animals" Article

Postby JS » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:13 am

Sorry I read to the second paragraph and had to stop? I think maybe I need to learn to listen to what folk have to say..............maybe they have a point and I should go and read why I should eat meat because the story is about vegans who have seen the light in why meat is good for us and the animal..................off I delve into it again to be open-minded.................ok I read open-minded and have to say laughed out loud a lot times............I felt healthier for eating animal products again........it's the food chain.........do you know if you cut meat eat to small pieces and cook it for a really long time then it's ok to eat it :wink:
JS

Return to Ethics, Politics and Current Affairs