Photos NW Vegan Festival May 2004

Forum to discuss and advertise vegan, animal, human, environmental and other vegan related events and campaigns.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Photos NW Vegan Festival May 2004

Postby stateofflux » Mon May 10, 2004 5:48 pm

Photos from the festival this past weekend, 8 May 2004.

http://www.veganfitness.net/forum/photo ... /index.htm
Last edited by stateofflux on Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby Mary » Mon May 10, 2004 6:18 pm

Excellent! Nice to see how many people you had at the stall. I had to keep flying by all day, and didn't get a chance to chat, but it looks like you were all kept very busy indeed.

Emphyrio was asking how do you promote veganism. Looks like you have found an excellent way!
Mary

Postby Renecarol25 » Mon May 10, 2004 6:43 pm

I feel so left out being in the states :cry:
Renecarol25

Postby Pete » Mon May 10, 2004 6:45 pm

Pic look fab. Makes me even more envious I couldn't make it :!:
Pete
http://www.veganbodybuilding.org
[url=http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/veganbodybuilding/]Vegan Bodybuilding List[/url]
[url=http://veganbodybuilding.blogspot.com/]Vegan Bodybuilding Blog[/url]
[url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/23353662623/]Vegan Bodybuilding Facebook[/url]
Pete

Postby prenna » Mon May 10, 2004 8:33 pm

Wow, I'd forgot that there was a time on Saturday when our stalls weren't packed. The Vegan Fitness stall seemed almost as busy as the Veggies stall at times :)
prenna

Postby space pig » Tue May 18, 2004 3:52 pm

wish i were there , although i know quite well manchester :wink: , could not come, unfortunately, and in case someone here is still wondering how a space pig looks like : just watch the Muppet Show it gives a good idea,

Thank you Mary from realfood and every body who gives a hand for this event (need clones like you in france :wink:
space pig

Postby Mary » Tue May 18, 2004 10:08 pm

I would love to do one in France! We would have loved to be at the veggiepride march in Paris this year, but as Neil is poorly we just can't do it. :cry: He was too ill last year as well.

Next year, I hope.

Si nous allons á France pour veggiepride l'annee prochaine nous avons vraiment besoin dire que "bonjour" a notre bien aimé Space Pig. :lol:

Oh, une questionne, pourquoi avez vous choisiz ce nom? J'aime l'idee d'une cochon venu des etoilles, qui va punir les humaines. Peut etre je suis un petit peux fous.

There you go. Now you know how bad my French is when I don't polish and polish it. So you can feel free to chat away in your good English. :D
Mary

Postby Frostfire » Wed May 19, 2004 3:58 am

Yay! Great to finally see what you look like Billy and Rochelle :!: :!: :!: (also LGB, but no good pictures of you from the front :( ).

For some reason, I had it in my head that the festivle was outside. Silly the things one will assume. . .
http://www.ChingSanctuary.org
Frostfire

Postby space pig » Thu May 20, 2004 8:53 am

I would try to come to the one in London (4th july), so see you there Mary

Oh la la , les cochons de l’espace n’ont pas la prétention de venir punir les humains ! sur Porcherus (notre planète) il y a aussi beaucoup d’injustices.

This name has been chosen because it sounds like a big joke, i try not to take myself too seriously, hopefully.

Ps: I got a nice pig , crystal
:D
space pig

Postby Mary » Thu May 20, 2004 9:31 am

J'aime aussi la planete Porcherus - et aussi la planete des chats (ma planete native.) Je parle chien et porc aussi. :lol: Une petit peu de cheval.

It will be good to see you in London! You may see my son as well - he understands French, and when not self conscious speaks it quite well. He loves meeting real live French people, (I won't tell him where you are really from. Ca sera trop bizarre pour lui!)
Mary

Postby J » Sat May 22, 2004 6:21 am

I thought it was outside too. Festivals usually are.

Anyway a question:

Where many/any people rude to you guys? Anybody assume you break in to animal research laboratories? Or that you think you're better than them, etc?
J

Postby Mary » Sat May 22, 2004 6:48 am

Our weather is not very reliable in the UK, so vegan festivals (and a lot of others too) have always been inside. I don't know, maybe your weather is less kamakaze in America. :lol: We have been toying with the idea of doing something similar in a park with marquees etc, but that is not for a while yet. Folks think hotels are posh, and like seeing how their "betters" live.

No, nobody was rude to me anyway - and I didn't hear of anybody being particularly rude. Meat eaters who came in seemed genuinely surprised and interested in the wide array of vegan products on display, and the massive variety of vegans. There were fit and healthy vegans, a couple of overweight vegans, young vegans (the creche was fantastic!) old vegans, able bodied vegans, and vegans in wheelchairs. Some of those who came in might have expected us all to be wearing tye died clothing and jesus boots, but they were far too polite to say so, when presented with evidence to the contrary!

Possibly some others who were there will have had other experiences, but mine were overwhelmingly positive.
Mary

Postby Malcolms Billy » Sat May 22, 2004 6:50 am

None of that! While non-vegans were very much encouraged to come in - and did so too - the whole atmosphere was really positive. But then I can only speak for my little stall - which was in support of Tower Hill Stables animal sanctuary, and that always scores well - and from what I've heard from other people. But I've heard nothing of the sort.

See ya,
Billy
Malcolms Billy

Postby stateofflux » Wed May 26, 2004 12:56 pm

[quote="emphryio"]Where many/any people rude to you guys? Anybody assume you break in to animal research laboratories? Or that you think you're better than them, etc?

Nobody was rude to me, I covered our stand, Billy's stand and the Cocoa Tree stand at various points during the day and everyone was great. Of course when you feed people free vegan chocolate samples- or indeed choc covered protein bars- they find it hard to be mean :wink:

R
stateofflux
Site Admin

Return to Vegan activism and events