Who is coming to the manchester vegan fair?????

Forum to discuss and advertise vegan, animal, human, environmental and other vegan related events and campaigns.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Who is coming to the manchester vegan fair?????

Postby JP » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:44 am

Who is going to come to the manchester vegan fair on 8th of may?

here's more info:
http://www.veganfestivals.org.uk/

it should be great! Definitely worth the day out for people even further away. Loads of vegan companies and groups are having stalls there and it's a great opportunity to meet vegans from all walks of life.

veganfitness.net together with veganbodybuilding.org is going to have a stall there with some info sheets, grippers and a friendly face (that sounds cheesy!).

It would be cool to meet up some board members there.

Also, Martin http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/martin.htm is also coming along and perhaps we can persuade him to do some of his crazy grip strength feats as well :)
JP
Site Admin

Postby Sunkanrags » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:42 am

I'm planning on attending.
Sunkanrags

The Fair!

Postby Oak » Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:48 pm

I am very keen on coming, should be really good.

Although, i haven't had paid employment for over a month now - so that could inhibit me.
Maybe i should cycle throught the night? :lol:

If i come i hope to get a chance at trying to close one of those gripper thingys!

Oak :D
Oak

Postby prenna » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:39 am

I'm going :)
prenna

Postby Malcolms Billy » Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:54 pm

Definitely! If someone wants to come but would need a place to kip for the night, I'm happy to provide one. PM me if you want to take up the offer.

See ya,
Billy
Malcolms Billy

Postby stateofflux » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:30 pm

We can also offer a comfortable sleeping space for 2 people- let us know in advance though please.

Rochelle and Joni
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby Mary » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:15 pm

Crazy strength feats, and loads of fit and sturdy vegans - sounds great to me!

The organising of the Festival has been rolling along like an absolutely unstoppable force, especially this last month. Neil and I are so looking forward to it. We will know later this week whether Neil will actually be able to attend - there is a chance he will be in hospital having a growth removed from his spine. It would be an awful shame if he missed it, given that it was his idea in the first place, but just so everybody knows, the vegan crew in Manchester have been fantastic helping us, promoting the event, and doing stalls, helping out on the day. It is going to be great! So please come.

I am now going to do my Mrs Doyle impersonation. "Ah, go on. Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on." :D
Mary

Postby JP » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:13 pm

exellent! Hope to meet as many VF board members as possible there - come to introduce yourself at the veganfitness.net and veganbodybuilding "stall".

It's not much of a stall, just couple leaflets, sample soya protein tub, some grippers (oak, be prepared!), and perhaps heavy sandbag if we manage to carry it to the other side of the city where the fair is :lol:

Also, great news! Martin confirmed that he is definitely coming and will do some grip strength feats for us at the stall - perhaps we set couple times through the day and get him to bend some unbendable nails, crush some grippers which we mortals can't even get to move, and perhaps tear a deck of cards in half, or a phonebook :lol: Should be fun!

Vegan power!
JP
Site Admin

Postby Mary » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:50 pm

It would be great if we could get some video footage of him performing these incredible feats! Then you can stick them up on Pete's site as a quickplay video, and with permission on realfood. We are trying to find people to film on the day, so everybody smile at the camera and say "ouistiti!" (I prefer the French to saying "cheese".)
Mary

Postby Malcolms Billy » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:24 pm

Almost forgot: those who know or live with dogs, bring a few extra squids, as I will be making a large batch of VEGAN GOURMET DOG BISCUITS! :P I have to admit they've already been extensively tested (although I wouldn't call it exactly 'force fed'!) and approved of by my handsome man and his friends. Oh, and profits will go to Tower Hill Stables!

So come along and buy your canine mates a treat! :D

See ya,
Billy
Malcolms Billy

Postby GenTDuke » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:52 pm

Hey guys I wanna come along but how do I get there from London, any ideis, my degree aint going so well so a little break wont hurt.
GenTDuke

Postby Mary » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:55 pm

London Animal Action are coming up in a mini bus I think. They should be able to give you a lift!
Mary

Postby GenTDuke » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:51 pm

[quote="Mary"]London Animal Action are coming up in a mini bus I think. They should be able to give you a lift!

YEAH, that would be super cool, thanks. As long as I can get a lift back, this is what I like about this board there is a real sense of community and trust, the offers on this string prove it.
Are those guys coming back the same day?
GenTDuke

Definetly

Postby Oak » Sun May 02, 2004 5:31 pm

Well, I am definetly coming. I have booked my tickets! Not to pricey.

I'm looking forward to it! I hope to meet some of the people from the board. Don't be shy to speak to me if you see me.

I am 6'2 long blond haired and wear glasses. (Probably the description of 1000 other attenders :lol: ).

See you there. Vegan munchies ahead.
Oak :D
Oak

Postby Mary » Sun May 02, 2004 6:58 pm

Come up and say hello to me Oak. I will be running around in a t/shirt with the festival logo on the front. Five foot ten, short brown curly hair (possibly so short it won't be curly any more.)

Neil (unless by some miracle his operation comes through) will be behind the Realfood stall as you come in the door. He is in a wheelchair, so it should be easy to recognise him. And if you see a blond lad of eight prosletysing for the vegan nation, chances are it is my son, Séamus. Please say hello to us. It will be good to meet some of you.

Still working on transport for London folks. Keep your fingers crossed - I'd like to meet Tom in particular, since I am coming up for another belt soon!
Mary

Next

Return to Vegan activism and events