Anybody in the Washington, DC area

Forum to discuss and advertise vegan, animal, human, environmental and other vegan related events and campaigns.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Anybody in the Washington, DC area

Postby mtbkid » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:10 am

come on out and support Poplar Spring Animal Sanctuary and get a little cardio workout while your at it!

http://www.animalsanctuary.org/events/run.html
-josh

"Humanity can not be made equal by declarations on paper. Unless the material conditions for equality exist, it is worse than mockery to pronounce men equal."
~Voltairine de Cleyre
mtbkid

Postby stateofflux » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:31 pm

Are you running it mtbkid?

Rochelle
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby mtbkid » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:33 pm

I am planning on it . . . and right now my 8 year old daughter is talking about doing it with me. That would be fun. :D
-josh

"Humanity can not be made equal by declarations on paper. Unless the material conditions for equality exist, it is worse than mockery to pronounce men equal."
~Voltairine de Cleyre
mtbkid

Postby stateofflux » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:50 pm

that's cute:) will it be the Fun Run or walk? Do 8 year olds run Fun Runs? I know very little about kids so excuse the seemingly silly question!

The animals in that sanctuary have some amazing histories.

Rochelle
stateofflux
Site Admin

Postby mtbkid » Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:59 pm

We'll do the 5K run . . . that may be a bit of a haul for her . . . we're going for a sort of trial run this weekend . . . if she can make it 2 miles, I'm sure she'll be able to do it. Only problem is, she has a soccer game that day . . . :?
-josh

~Voltairine de Cleyre
mtbkid

Postby Malcolms Billy » Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:12 pm

What a BRILLIANT IDEA!! :D I swear if I was anywhere near Washington I would actually blow the dust of my unemployed running shoes and do the run! (now that's saying something! :wink: ). Keep us updated!

Billy
Malcolms Billy

Postby Jinga » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:17 pm

I wish I was nearby. I just finished a 5k for an unrelated cause. If you hear of any events near St. Louis, MO, let me know! I love to run.
Jinga

Return to Vegan activism and events