Ride Out Motorcyclists!!!

Forum to discuss and advertise vegan, animal, human, environmental and other vegan related events and campaigns.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Ride Out Motorcyclists!!!

Postby littlegirlbunny » Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:18 pm

Is their any other bikers on this board? Veganbikerboy and myself are hoping to organise a big vegan ride out sometime soon (when we see some improvement with the weather and i've got used to my new bike!!!) - anyone intrested? Let me know! :D
littlegirlbunny

Postby CENTURION 2 CENTS » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:23 pm

awww, coolies, bike ride, I've never rode a damn motorcycle, but I like mountain bikes/road bikes just the same, though better i think. :mrgreen:

but why is this under "Activism and Events. :?:
I assume "events" (of sorts) can include non activism too huh ? :)

but then maybe better...
Maybe we could have something like a **LEISURELY EVENTS and OUTINGS FORUM** added to the index of catagories perhaps yes?
ЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖ health-enthusiast-*vegan*-fitness-guru-fanatic--with passion-for-exercise & mind. Spiritual-into vitality-wellbeing-weights, compassion, eco-sustaining lifestyle.. (the only lifestyle)
CENTURION 2 CENTS

Postby Mary » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:58 pm

Hey, where are you in the West Midlands? I am in Wolverhampton.
Mary

Postby Pete » Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:40 pm

There used to be the Vegan Bikers association at http://www.nildram.co.uk/veganmc , not sure if it's still about as I couldn't get it to work, but it might later :?:
I used to ride all the time, but that was a while ago now & a new machine isn't on the cards for a long while yet :( (you've got me all dewy eyed now, what with spring coming & everything, real biking weather soon :!: )
Pete
http://www.veganbodybuilding.org
[url=http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/veganbodybuilding/]Vegan Bodybuilding List[/url]
[url=http://veganbodybuilding.blogspot.com/]Vegan Bodybuilding Blog[/url]
[url=https://www.facebook.com/groups/23353662623/]Vegan Bodybuilding Facebook[/url]
Pete

Postby littlegirlbunny » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:53 am

Hi Centurion! - Yup, i wasnt sure where to put this one either, maybe the title of the forum could just be changed to activism and general events!

Hi Mary - do you ride then? Im in worcester, so just down the A449 from you! I have a friend in tettenhall up by you, and its a great ride on the bike!

Im thinking about organising a more general vegan event in worcester for all west midlanders, as there are quite a few vegans here (and in Malvern). But you know what its like - busy all the time! I'll post details when i get round to it.

Hi Pete - I couldnt get the link to work either, but thanks for it anyway! Know what you mean about the summer, it must be a nightmare living on the south coast with no machine!!!! Brighton is a real bikers town isnt it?

We have had a little bit of intrest from the Vegans UK site, one girl is coming as a pillion, but if that falls through then there may be another pillion place available (not on the back of me though, i can barely get my bike up off the stand as it is!!). :)
littlegirlbunny

Postby Mary » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:50 am

No, I don't ride - I don't even drive! :oops: A good friend of mine used to have a Harley Davison and let me ride pillion all the time. She was most pissed off when I went vegan because she thought it reflected on her leathery ways. Since then she is vegan herself - out in California these days. Don't know what she did with the Harley.
Mary

Postby CENTURION 2 CENTS » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:38 pm

Ha, thats cool Mary, your pist off friend being moody about you being vegan whilst also your buddy must have been hard at the time, especially for you I guess, though gladly now it seems your friend had second thoughts later and since your transition, then made her own transition or conversion to veganism and is a good example of what can take effect of you being vegan at the time of her leathery ways... Great that she went vegan!.... Do you really think you had a big part to play in the influence you supposedly had on her, I'm sure you did! :) Are you still in touch with her since her move to California?
ЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖЖ health-enthusiast-*vegan*-fitness-guru-fanatic--with passion-for-exercise & mind. Spiritual-into vitality-wellbeing-weights, compassion, eco-sustaining lifestyle.. (the only lifestyle)
CENTURION 2 CENTS

Postby Mary » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:19 pm

I reckon that myself and a few other people had a big influence on her - most notably my son Seamus! He is great at converting people. Last I spoke to her was about six months ago. We don't get to talk all that often. But it does show that strange things can happen. You would never have imagined her going vegan at one time. :shock: Her Dad still can't get over the shock! (He goes hunting.) One of her sisters is veggie now, so that is great as well.
Mary

Return to Vegan activism and events