Vegan Food Fayre 20/3/04

Forum to discuss and advertise vegan, animal, human, environmental and other vegan related events and campaigns.

Moderators: hardcore iv, fredrikw, JP, stateofflux, bronco

Vegan Food Fayre 20/3/04

Postby prenna » Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:17 pm

This Saturday in the Friends Meeting House, 6 Mount St, Manchester, Manchester Animal Protection are putting on a Vegan Food Fayre. The idea is for there to be a selection of free vegan food available for the non-vegan public to come along and try.

We put on a similar event on World Vegan Day last year and it was very well attended so we thought we'd do it again.

We're looking to have help leafletting on the day to get the punters in. This is a very good way of getting the public to see that being vegan is not a sacrifice and that our food is actually nice as well as being healthy. Every customer will get a selection of leaflets covering the main issues surrounding the vegan diet.

Oh and this isn't an excuse for the Manchester vegan population to come along and get fed for free :wink:
prenna

Postby Mary » Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:57 pm

Hi Prenna

Sorry I didn't see this in time to stick it in the last Realfood newsletter. Great that you are doing it - we heard such wonderful reports of the last event you did!

Can you take some pictures and send us a report of the day, and we will stick it in the next newsletter, hopefully to inspire others to emulate you? You'll find my email address in my personal profile.

Cheers!
Mary

Postby prenna » Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:54 am

Well, the event happened last Saturday and it went pretty well. I don't think anyone got any photos though but I'll ask around the other people that were there. If I can't get any snaps do you still want a report?
prenna

Postby Mary » Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:48 am

Yes please - a report would be great. Every group does these things differently, so we need to learn how you did it. Also, a positive report makes people think more seriously about doing it themselves. I wish I had been in Manchester - I love these dos! Well done.
Mary

Return to Vegan activism and events